Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TSO Frame / Slide Binding

DewarsH2O

I just bought a TSO in 9mm.  This is my 6th CZ, also own a Czechmate, A01LD, Shadow Orange, plus a couple 75's.  Gun was shipped to my FFL, did the paperwork and headed home.  Once I got it out of the box to clean it, I realized the frame to slide fit is super tight, when you rack it it binds before it will move forward to put a round into battery.  Cleaned it super good, light oil, no improvement.  Loaded a magazine with S&B 124g took two tries to load a round, gun fires, then the slide binds before it can load a second round.  did not want to fire it anymore as obviously this is not right.

Also this is the first higher end CZ I have bought that did not have the test fire paper target in the box, which makes me wonder if it was shot at the factory.  

Is there something stupid I am missing before I contact the selling dealer for help?

Check to make sure the screws for the thumb rest are not too long and contacting the slide. If they’re okay, you can put a little bit of lapping compound on the rails and manually cycle it a few times to loosen up the fit a little bit.

3 hours ago, DewarsH2O said:

I just bought a TSO in 9mm.  This is my 6th CZ, also own a Czechmate, A01LD, Shadow Orange, plus a couple 75's.  Gun was shipped to my FFL, did the paperwork and headed home.  Once I got it out of the box to clean it, I realized the frame to slide fit is super tight, when you rack it it binds before it will move forward to put a round into battery.  Cleaned it super good, light oil, no improvement.  Loaded a magazine with S&B 124g took two tries to load a round, gun fires, then the slide binds before it can load a second round.  did not want to fire it anymore as obviously this is not right.

Also this is the first higher end CZ I have bought that did not have the test fire paper target in the box, which makes me wonder if it was shot at the factory.  

Is there something stupid I am missing before I contact the selling dealer for help?

I would first strip the barrel and recoil spring assembly out of the slide, lube it well, and just cycle the slide on the frame back and forth to see if it's simply the tight, hand fitting of the slide to frame.  If that doesn't identify the problem, then add in the barrel only and try again.  Finally put the recoil spring assembly back together and see if there's any component binding. 

IMO, after experiencing the same thing with my new S2 Orange, you just need to shoot the gun!  If it hangs going back into battery, just bump the back of the slide and fire again.  Of course this is after well lubing the slide, frame, and barrel contact mating surfaces

You will appreciate the tight fitment of the slide to frame once it wears in a bit!  These are premium, hand fit pistols!

👍