Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Ruger/Hogue ICORE Arizona State Championship at Phoenix Rod & Gun Club

10 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

I will argue against it unto my dying breath.

Im with you, i read your article in defense of, i even wrote a reply(didnt seem to post) refining part your argument.

I have started listening to more shooting podcasts lately related to bod, prez, etc...a repeat topic is revo is dead just remove it is the overwhelming view of all the ecelebs and the people that over the next years will become the bod.

I will add related, i don't know if they will actually change it, but there is a sense among listening to those talking about it that the equipment rules need to be fixed.    I actually don't think anything will change unless IPSC changes first, but I have recently listened to people in earnest argue that limited division is now in decline and with prod becoming lim minor, that lim/prod should become one division.    CO which so many bitterly argued against is now the largest division by far and the argument is merge co with open.  So, basically going full circle.   An iron sight division and and optical division, major minor scored, and lower major PF to 145 so 9 major would be available from commercial sources like federal.

I know above has nothing to do with rev and its talk that is so far removed from IPSC it will never happen, but the conversations are actually happening and people are not being laughed at.

Edited by testosterone

11 hours ago, matteekay said:

Not sure anyone was complaining, but it is unfortunate that they couldn't work it out given that ICORE is pretty much dying (even when compared to USPSA revo).

This is my point if I have one.  ICORE is not healthy it seems to me, the IRC for example has been in constant decline since Jerry's prior last appearance even though the quality of the match itself(stages on ground) in florida(for example) were outstanding.  It would be good if the icore rulebook and the match directors that are putting on these matches could get along.

11 hours ago, matteekay said:

This is great in theory.

oh yeah, everyone that has shot icore more than a few matches has been a part of a "well, in USPSA its X"...

Edited by testosterone

ICORE provides financial support for major matches in the form of cash vouchers for the special category and division winners. If you're not recognizing the special category winners anyway, I can't see the loss greatly affecting the match.

I was less than impressed with receiving an email from ICORE on the subject. It made the whole organization feel unprofessional. I'm not registered for the match, and it doesn't affect me. If you pull support for the match, let the match director handle communications with the registered shooters. To me, the email to every ICORE member felt personal and vindictive.

31 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Infighting among the few people that still want to shoot revolvers will be the death of our sport.

Exactly...particularly between match directors that are making these things happen and an organizing body.

I get both sides, a since retired luminary always said "safe,fun, and fair" and "if you want to be taken seriously act in a serious way"....ie have a rulebook and use it in a consistent way.  Enough of us have been around long enough to shoot matches that are outlaw and eventually stop going to outlaw matches because showing up a match and have an understanding of rules being applied properly makes it safe, fun, and fair....

Edited by testosterone

2 hours ago, testosterone said:

I have started listening to more shooting podcasts lately related to bod, prez, etc...a repeat topic is revo is dead just remove it is the overwhelming view of all the ecelebs and the people that over the next years will become the bod.

Yeah, I need to send my article to Hopkins now that he's on the board officially. I think he mentioned axing revo in his Shoot Fast interview.

10 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

Yeah, I need to send my article to Hopkins now that he's on the board officially. I think he mentioned axing revo in his Shoot Fast interview.

Matt is on the Board of a Club I've been a long time member of, and I recently joined that Board with the express purpose of running ICORE matches there.   They had a bunch of D1's donated and didn't know what to do with them.  So I jumped on the chance and got wrangled into the ring. 

I've also heard Matt talk smack on Revolvers on Podcasts.  But since he started running for A3 Director, and won, he seems to have mellowed.  I will definitely bend his ear on keeping Revolver in USPSA.  And am working on upping Revolver attendance and interest at both ICORE and USPSA at this club.  

Maybe we need a few more accomplished Revolver Competitors to start submitting articles to Front Sight?  Maybe on Gear and Technique?  

Edited by pskys2

17 hours ago, pskys2 said:

I've also heard Matt talk smack on Revolvers on Podcasts.  But since he started running for A3 Director, and won, he seems to have mellowed.

That seems like a fairly common trajectory as people in the new generation get closer to leadership positions.

17 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Maybe we need a few more accomplished Revolver Competitors to start submitting articles to Front Sight?  Maybe on Gear and Technique?  

I don't qualify as accomplished yet, but I do have some things percolating that I plan to write about. I have plenty of experience with the Super GP100 to write a proper, competition-focused review, for one, although I'd really like to try someone's tuned S&W prior to that.

15 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

That seems like a fairly common trajectory as people in the new generation get closer to leadership positions.

I don't qualify as accomplished yet, but I do have some things percolating that I plan to write about. I have plenty of experience with the Super GP100 to write a proper, competition-focused review, for one, although I'd really like to try someone's tuned S&W prior to that.

Well I am only 6 hrs East of you!

Stop by and shoot mine all you want!

Anytime.

23 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

Ditto, but I'd like to play with someone's tuned Super GP.  I had a 6 shot GP I put springs in and played with but sold it as Ruger's just don't have the ease of swapping sights, Iron or Optic, as Smith's.  

3 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Super GP

Dave's gun feels really really good, ruger def feels diff in hand, but the trigger is very light, id guess 5 lbs or slightly less, and while shooting a stage i dont think you'd know the difference to a good sw job.  Dave also welds that lever on the cyl release that makes engagement VERY easy...

56 minutes ago, testosterone said:

Dave's gun feels really really good, ruger def feels diff in hand, but the trigger is very light, id guess 5 lbs or slightly less, and while shooting a stage i dont think you'd know the difference to a good sw job.  Dave also welds that lever on the cyl release that makes engagement VERY easy...

Maybe I need to send mine off to him for the full tune-up.

I have a 3D printed cylinder release that works like a charm—it's a giant paddle that extends beyond the end of the frame—but my homebrew trigger work has not gotten me below 7lb.

Dave is considered one of the best. Several shooting friends have been to his shop and he has tuned several of their guns.

Very good. A little pricey for me.

Sometimes 7 lbs can be just as effective as 5 1/2. Especially for those prone to short stroking the lighter triggers. Like me for instance.

17 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

19 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

Maybe I need to send mine off to him for the full tune-up.

I have a 3D printed cylinder release that works like a charm—it's a giant paddle that extends beyond the end of the frame—but my homebrew trigger work has not gotten me below 7lb.

Dave does exceptional actions in revolvers and revolver work in general, he really understands the entire thing and relationship amongst all the parts and the results show in the guns he tunes.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Phil said:

Sometimes 7 lbs can be just as effective as 5 1/2.

This def seems to be the case.

Super light is not necessarily the answer and can be a problem.   

What everyone seems to agree on is the balance, pull and rebound, be the same, and the force be equal throughout.