Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Ruger/Hogue ICORE Arizona State Championship at Phoenix Rod & Gun Club

Match starts: October 16, 2021 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: October 16, 2021 @ 5:00 PM

Location: Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, Phoenix, AZ. 915 West Olney Drive
Phoenix, Arizona 85041

PRGC is a Cold Range with Safe Areas. The 2021 Ruger/Hogue ICORE Arizona State Championship will be held at the Phoenix Rod and Gun club on October 16th, 2021.

Membership in ICORE is not required, but otherwise it’s under the ICORE rulebook http://icore.org/rulebook.phtml
Award money is only available to ICORE members

Recognized Divisions:
Open, Limited, Limited 6, Classic
This will be a heads up, per division, match.

The match will begin promptly @ 8:00 am with a shooters meeting. There will be 8 stages with approx 230 rds. Lunch will be served immediately following the match.

21 hours ago, ysrracer said:

A few people have asked me why I'm on squad seven. Is it the morning sun, no. Is it the afternoon wind, no. Is it because I finish closest to where they're serving lunch?

Maybe :)

Now that's a man who plans ahead!  I like it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this the one that's now a "club match"?

I am writing as a courtesy to let our members know that the match advertised this year on the ICORE website and Practiscore registration page as the "2021 ICORE Arizona State Championship" has been removed from the ICORE 2021 Events calendar.

We learned yesterday from the SW Region Rep that the Match Director is now designating this a "club level" match and will not fulfill the requirements for ICORE-supported matches above the club level.

Any match above "club level" that is supported by ICORE is subject to the ICORE Rule Book and the ICORE Policy document, which includes the review of stages by the Rules Director and Chairman. (Even the Practiscore registration page for this match says "Membership in ICORE is not required, but otherwise it's under the ICORE Rule Book icore.org/rulebook.phtml".)

As requested last year, a 2021 Arizona State Championship (October 16, 2021) was approved as an official ICORE match, equivalent to the Regional Championships, for which Division and Special Recognition Category award money would be provided for the winners under the same criteria as for the hosting of Regional Championships.

The match is scheduled for October 16. Unfortunately the match will not be supported by ICORE. We wish everyone safe travels and a safe match.

Should still be a lot of fun for everyone going. I wonder what changed?

15 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Is this the one that's now a "club match"?

Should still be a lot of fun for everyone going. I wonder what changed?

Yeah, I got the same email. I'm still going, it's still going to be fun. No idea what changed.

Boys and girls it is all about the rules in ICORE rule book. Plain and simple no more no less. If I had the time I would go sounds like fun. But to complain about it because they did not follow the rules sounds like. Well I will leave it at that. 

🏻🇺🇸

13 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Yeah, I got the same email. I'm still going, it's still going to be fun. No idea what changed.

Seems to be the case based on the wording.

Its a shame that icore and revolver shooters are so at odds.   icore is hanging on by a thread and uspsa is def on a path to killing the division.

This stuff is a niche of a niche, its a shame that its not a bit more ammicable.

"Award money is only available to ICORE members" ... What money?? Looks like $120 per head?? (is everyone getting a box of primers??) ... 

Must have missed the "info" flyer somewhere .. will go back and look ...🙄 

Edit: Never mind ... I found the $575 of ICORE money in section 7.3 of their "Policies and Procedures" ... (but of course that doesn't apply now since it is just a club match ... I guess). ($100 ea for each of the 4 Divisions and $25 ea for each of the 7 Special Recognition Categories). 

I wonder if their stage review stamps out triple taps?!??

Edited by pete627

8 hours ago, testosterone said:

Seems to be the case based on the wording.

Its a shame that icore and revolver shooters are so at odds.   icore is hanging on by a thread and uspsa is def on a path to killing the division.

This stuff is a niche of a niche, its a shame that its not a bit more ammicable.

Check out the latest Front Sight nice write up on 2021 Free State Revolver crew, if I do say so myself!

11 hours ago, revoman said:

Boys and girls it is all about the rules in ICORE rule book. Plain and simple no more no less. If I had the time I would go sounds like fun. But to complain about it because they did not follow the rules sounds like. Well I will leave it at that. 

🏻🇺🇸

Not sure anyone was complaining, but it is unfortunate that they couldn't work it out given that ICORE is pretty much dying (even when compared to USPSA revo).

10 hours ago, testosterone said:

Its just about the simplest rulebook in shooting.  It sucks that there is any controversy around it...

This is great in theory. In practice, as I learned at my ICORE RO class, the rulebook is so thin because they'll literally tell you to look at the USPSA rulebook for anything that's not covered.