Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZHUNTER-

I kind of "hijacked" another thread (about confirmation cards) and queried about a get together, "to break bread together and tell tall tales"... I suppose here is where that inquiry should be made?

Friday night? Saturday night? We all got to eat after the day of shooting, right?

Sorry for not having checked on lately, I have been swamped with "work" :)

Hawaii was a bitch :)

Seems that everyone got what they needed tho.

ZH out, back home next week after 23 days in a row on the road werkin' :(

I will be shooting the Open on Friday, working and shooting the Glock match at CFRPC on Saturday then back down to frostproof on Sunday for the shootoffs and award-prize table pending a better outcome than last years debacle. :blink:

We do need to have an Enos get together Sat eve.

I think one of the "locals" on the squad need to suggest the place.

I agree....ate at some interesting spots during the class I took in Frostproof, and my impression was that there are some gems in the area, but they require local knowledge.

It was interesting, too, how Bud, Bud-Light in bottles and Bud, Bud-Light on draft was *4* different kinds of beer. There's a certain logic to that, I guess... :)

Brundoggie: are you still going to try to hit a match prior to the Open, in this area? Give a shout-out.

I think one of the "locals" on the squad need to suggest the place.

I agree....ate at some interesting spots during the class I took in Frostproof, and my impression was that there are some gems in the area, but they require local knowledge.

It was interesting, too, how Bud, Bud-Light in bottles and Bud, Bud-Light on draft was *4* different kinds of beer. There's a certain logic to that, I guess... :)

Brundoggie: are you still going to try to hit a match prior to the Open, in this area? Give a shout-out.

While I am not a "local", my mother and sister have houses in Avon Park. My sister likes to eat out now and then. I posed her the question about a local "eatery" for BE Forum members, probably on Saturday night. Saturday night can be a busy night on most places, so sufficient accomodations are essential.

So far my sister has suggested a Mexican Restaurant called "Don Jose". It has an outside patio by the water that could be used and ample inside area. She is researching for other possibilities and will report back soon.

What we need now is a "head count" to inform the prospective place, for a reservation.

So, who is in? And, how many with you?

Also, can someone in the "in" contact Brian Enos for any promotional accoutrements?

Well, it's time to get serious as to whether or not there will be a get together, for dinner or otherwise.

I just received an e-mail from Wadette (a local) and my sister (another local) confirms it: "this time of the year all the norhtern 'snow-birds' head south and crowd most of the good places to eat, especially on Saturday nights." There is a "Greek-style" restaurant that Wadette recommends where some tables could be reserved in a side room, but there are no alcoholic beverages served. Wadette also mentions Chilis, Red Lobster, Outback and Inn on the Lakes, and Don Jose. Don Jose, so far seems to be the "more" recommended place. BUT... no reservations will be made by me untill there is a more "reassuring" interest from y'all who wish to be there. So far only Brundoggie (1), Al Stewart JM (12), DrawandDuck (2), and Radical Precision Designs (2) have shown a specific desire to attend. I can not approach any of these places, in a very busy night, and ask to reserve a substantial amount of tables unless there is a guarrantee that people will show.

There are two distinct possibilities to approach this issue. First one: I can get a verified (by post and PM) list of people that will attend. This list will be provided to the restaurant for reservation purposes. Second one: After the Restaurant has been selected (that will let us), individual reservations can be made by the attendees (yourselves) for the "B.Enos Forum" party.

So, there it is. Time for y'all to pitch in your two cents... Let me hear...

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

It is with great sorrow that have had to withdraw from the Florida Open :(

Work beckons, I got offered an extra week of work, and well, it was too good to pass up.

You guys and girls have a great time, I will be thinkin' about ya!!!