Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Channel Liner Installation

Precision40

I used a dowel and some extremely fine emery cloth, a couple of turns, and then used a larger dowel to gently tap the liner in.

I've watched a certified glock armorer ruin several liners in an attempt to install it in a Caspian glock slide, then did the above-mentioned procedure, and got it installed on the first try.

You can search over on glocktalk, I believe thats where I found the instructions I used.

I used a dowel and some extremely fine emery cloth, a couple of turns, and then used a larger dowel to gently tap the liner in.

I've watched a certified glock armorer ruin several liners in an attempt to install it in a Caspian glock slide, then did the above-mentioned procedure, and got it installed on the first try.

You can search over on glocktalk, I believe thats where I found the instructions I used.

Thanks. Good thing I bought 3 extra :D

If you shoot a large number of rounds in a very dusty environment and never clean the striker channel you could score or scratch the liner enough to require replacement. If the striker breaks (very rare but it happens) it can mess up the liner. The usual reason for replacement is somebody screws it up attempting to remove it for no good reason. There is no reason to remove the liner unless its already ruined.