Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig dead trigger mid run

yekcoh

I shot Northern AZ classic a few months ago. 

one of my squad mates was shooting sig xfive legion. 

In the middle of his stage, his trigger dies. Literally, a dead ass trigger. 
with at least two targets left, he had to  show clear and pretty much waste the stage. 

Later, I asked if he had done any trigger job. He said it was stock. 

Ive seen this phenomenon, see video below

but how in the world can a stock p320 trigger just go dead during a run?

He was back 100% right after stage. He just took the slide apart and put it back. It was working again. 

I now have trust issues with sig p320 trigger. I was planning on switching to sig but Im afraid this could happen to me

Not sure if it applies here, but if you remove and then replace the slide on the Sig, and put the take down lever back in the up position WITHOUT using the slide lock, it will result in a dead trigger. Not sure how that could have happened in the situation described though?

I twice had dead triggers with p320 line pistols; one time due to the tiny little springs under the sear breaking or coming loose, the other time the striker "hook" that engages the sear completely shearing off....i have several sigs and like them but the p320 line is not the most reliable pistols out there

Learned a LONG time ago that backup guns and parts are part of this sport.  It obviously does not help in the middle of the stage but crap breaks on every type of weapon.

Open STI gun - dead trigger due to broken firing pin in the middle of a run.  Firing pin replaced from backup parts bag.

Same Open STI gun - Hammer broke off in the middle of a run.  Backup gun used for the rest of the match.

PCC - Dead trigger due to broken firing pin return spring on 9mm carbine.  Return spring replaced from backup parts bag.

It it can break, it will do so at exactly the wrong moment, not in practice, but at the most expensive entry fee match.

BC

2 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Learned a LONG time ago that backup guns and parts are part of this sport.  It obviously does not help in the middle of the stage but crap breaks on every type of weapon.

Open STI gun - dead trigger due to broken firing pin in the middle of a run.  Firing pin replaced from backup parts bag.

Same Open STI gun - Hammer broke off in the middle of a run.  Backup gun used for the rest of the match.

PCC - Dead trigger due to broken firing pin return spring on 9mm carbine.  Return spring replaced from backup parts bag.

It it can break, it will do so at exactly the wrong moment, not in practice, but at the most expensive entry fee match.

BC

This seems like a different topic. A thousand back up Sig won't address the mid stage run...

You are just stressing the importance of a back up, which is fine but that's not related to this topic. In my squadmate's case,

his gun did not break. He used the same gun till the end of match.

Edited by yekcoh