Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VP Match

Silverscooby27

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9-match/

looks like optics ready, available in button configuration. Comes with 20 rd mags which still aren’t as good as the standard mags with springer base pads. Looks like sights aren’t suppressor height. Barrel length 5.5. That seems to be the biggest difference, barrel length on the OR is 5.0. I’m not sure what the extra 0.5 brings to the table when most “match” guns have 5 inch barrels.

• 4 weeks later...

The SFP version has two magwell options (aluminum and polymer), a true match trigger, 20-round mags configured for the magwells, and nickel plated action parts.  The US version is crippled, with the full weight combat trigger, and no magwell, for reasons unknown.

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2021 at 10:40 PM, Archer said:

The SFP version has two magwell options (aluminum and polymer), a true match trigger, 20-round mags configured for the magwells, and nickel plated action parts.  The US version is crippled, with the full weight combat trigger, and no magwell, for reasons unknown.

yup, only reason I did not try one is the USA version blows, no match trigger and magwell, no sale :)   I carry a HK's and love them for that

• 1 month later...

I doubt anyone was curious, but I brought the IDPA box to my local gun shop and the Match does, in fact, fit. You might have to grease it a little ;) .

I wound up skipping it for most of the reasons stated above; I didn't see much advantage to the 0.5" and the sight options are limited due to the optics cut. Also, the factory 20-rounders are too long for USPSA by about 10mm (and I'd have to buy short mags anyway for IDPA). 

I wound up buying a standard VP9-B OR and one of the older longslide kits (with the adjustable sights) because it's a way more flexible setup. And then dumped a bunch of money on HKParts because I'm bad at math :D . 

Edited by matteekay

5 hours ago, mwx40x40 said:

On a positive note, a friend of mine picked one up. We took it to the range and the thing is a laser. Sub 2” group at 25 yds. Most accurate plastic framed pistol I’ve ever shot.

I believe it. My problem is that the VP9L is so good that I don't have a use for the Match, lol.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 3:56 AM, mwx40x40 said:

On a positive note, a friend of mine picked one up. We took it to the range and the thing is a laser. Sub 2” group at 25 yds. Most accurate plastic framed pistol I’ve ever shot.

I’ve been interested in a long slide version of the VP9 since day one pretty much. I really liked my original Vp9 but thought it would benefit from a longer slide. When CDNN had the Match available a few months ago I jumped on it. I‘m not sure where it fits in the realm of gun games, but the darn thing is a shooter. As previously mentioned, the thing is accurate, the trigger is good out of the box, and like the standard length VP9, its snappy in recoil, but it comes right back down to point of aim nicely. I like it so far. 

Edited by BillGarlandJr
Spelling

• 3 months later...

So, I finally got a holster for my VP9 Match, got a little dry fire in, and decided to shoot it in a USPSA match. It is stock as far as sights, and internals go. I have added some Talon grip tape, and I was running an X300 on the rail. With that set up I shot L minor. It did not disappoint, and I was actually surprised with how well I shot it. It is snappy in recoil, but came right back down on target, so quick doubles out to 20-ish yards was super do-able. I also thought it might reload a bit slow due to the smaller opening to the magwell, but it really wasn’t an issue. I don’t think I’ll be setting personal bests for reload times with it, but it loads fine. 

As I said before, I’m not sure where it fits in the USPSA realm. It isn’t production approved, but if you’re into shooting some L minor, its great for that. My one little beef with HK is making the 20 round mags so there was no possibility for them to fit in the gauge. Oh well. I have some 17 rounders I have some Springer base pads on the way for. At any rate, the thing is a ton of fun to shoot.

Edited by BillGarlandJr
"A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want" turned into a comment about Crayon Chewers.

Yeah, you are actually better off running a +5 base on the 17 rounders (I use TF’s myself) and keep the factory 20’s for practice.  No problem getting them seated even with the full 22 round payload and makes stage planning easier than running the 17’s.