Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate accuracy?

Kirkster

Ok my new to me and very lightly used (less than 100 rounds) czechmate is seemingly giving me some accuracy issues.  It came with a C-More slideride on it.

I am in no way shape or form new to red dots.  I have them on both of my Shadow 2s and a dozen other handguns.  When I do zero verifications on the shadow 2s I am able to put 5 shots into a one inch square at ten yards square with no issues, I am not able to do that with the czechmate.   

All of the below is at ten yards

7ACC1737-CE5F-4828-8133-6B585BF3C84B-sca

M was the czechmate, one in, one High, one low.

S was my Shadow 2 orange with an SRO, 7 shots all in

P was the czechmate, 1 in, 4 high,  Adjusted the sight down.

S was the czechmate, 2 in, one 3 inches down

D was the czechmate, 3 in.

R was the Shadow 2 again, 3 in.

Now the Shadow 2 is shooting 135 grain DG bullets at a 135 PF

The czechmate is shooting 115 grain delta precision bullets at 165PF, 7.8 grains of Silhouette powder loaded on my Dillon (0.02 grains in deviation on all my weight checks)

I went through the czechmate when I got it, cleaned, lubricated, optics mount torqued and locktighted when I was done, I did not torque the slide ride, but am going to check it in a bit.

When I did my ladder test on my ammo it seemed to be shooting high and right,  Adjusted it and it seemed to still be shooting high last night at practice and I adjusted it down again.

So I went to the indoor range and put it on paper.  It was shooting an inch high at 10 yards with the occasional higher flyer.  I did end up adjusting it down a bit more as seen above after shooting at the P square

Maybe my expectations are too high after my shadow 2 and CZ 97B experiences.

Maybe I need a bit more time coming to grips with an open gun shooting 9mm major ammo…

🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Kirkster
Details

I’m not knocking your shooting but maybe your not use to the trigger.  Mine went through the custom shop and breaks at 1.75 lbs with no pre travel or wall.  I pretty much think about it and a round goes off.  It’s almost like shooting a high end bolt gun.  No other pistol I own has a trigger like this.  I can make one cluster of shots at around 12-15 yards all day.  I’m shooting a Hornady 115 grain HAP with 6.0 grains of Power Pistol.  The comp makes these so tame and the C-More barely moves.  The pistol begs to be run.  Maybe play with some different powder charges or try a different bullet manufacturer.  How clean is the barrel?   I clean mine after every range session. I don’t like having dirty guns.  

Checkmates are something special.  Don’t give up on it.  

Certainly not giving up on it.  Trigger breaks right at a 1 pound 10oz.  Just a little take up and no over-travel.  Not my best trigger, but certainly not my worst.

I will be doing some more load development, 124 grain, SWMP, WAC,  etc, but right now finding powder and bullets seems to be an issue.  115 grain delta precision was all I could find in stock.  Not the best time for supplies.  

I am loving the recoil with the comp and definitely see why people like open guns and probably need more gelling time with it, just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything obvious.

I'm running 115 polymer coated with 9.8 grs of Shooters World Major Pistol, CCI 450 and CCI brass. OAL of 1.155".

Outstanding groups at 25 yards from the bench. Load development absolutely made a difference in my Czechmate.

1 hour ago, PhotoRecon said:

I'm running 115 polymer coated with 9.8 grs of Shooters World Major Pistol, CCI 450 and CCI brass. OAL of 1.155".

Outstanding groups at 25 yards from the bench. Load development absolutely made a difference in my Czechmate.

I take it you had the throat of your barrels reamed?  Both of mine are at 1.135 and then can no longer plunk and spin..

12 hours ago, Kirkster said:

I take it you had the throat of your barrels reamed?  Both of mine are at 1.135 and then can no longer plunk and spin..

Have your barrels reamed by @MemphisMechanic. He reamed three barrels for my Czechmate so I can load up to 1.175” (used to just load up to 1.150”).

He did a very good job and turnaround was very quick.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Have your barrels reamed by @MemphisMechanic. He reamed three barrels for my Czechmate so I can load up to 1.175” (used to just load up to 1.150”).

He did a very good job and turnaround was very quick.

That is on my short list.  And I had already saved his info 👍  

Cheers

K

Kirkster, You should definitely be getting far better accuracy than what you have indicated / shown above.  I know you indicated you used Loktite on the mount, but I would double check that the screws are still tight.  Depending on how clean the threads of both the screws and the mounting holes in the frame, the Loktite may not have cured as well as you might expect.  I typically use break cleaner (Acetone) to clean the screw threads and threads in the frame before applying the Loktite.  This will ensure any lubricants etc are cleaned away and you have a good surface for the Loktite to do its thing.  Also, as you mentioned putting a bit of Loktite on the mounting threads for the slide ride should be done as well.  Based on your picture something is either moving between shots and thus your point of aim and impact are moving, or you have not found a load combination your gun likes.  You mentioned that you had not throated the barrel yet and were loading to 1.135".  That is a bit short based on my experience with Czechmates ( I have 4 of them).  All of mine were throated so they will load a MG 115 RN CMJ to 1.160".  

1 hour ago, Malibu13 said:

Kirkster, You should definitely be getting far better accuracy than what you have indicated / shown above.  I know you indicated you used Loktite on the mount, but I would double check that the screws are still tight.  Depending on how clean the threads of both the screws and the mounting holes in the frame, the Loktite may not have cured as well as you might expect.  I typically use break cleaner (Acetone) to clean the screw threads and threads in the frame before applying the Loktite.  This will ensure any lubricants etc are cleaned away and you have a good surface for the Loktite to do its thing.  Also, as you mentioned putting a bit of Loktite on the mounting threads for the slide ride should be done as well.  Based on your picture something is either moving between shots and thus your point of aim and impact are moving, or you have not found a load combination your gun likes.  You mentioned that you had not throated the barrel yet and were loading to 1.135".  That is a bit short based on my experience with Czechmates ( I have 4 of them).  All of mine were throated so they will load a MG 115 RN CMJ to 1.160".  

Well,  that is probably my problem.  The rear mount screw was loose 1/4 turn to fully tight. The front screw was snug 1/8th turn to fully tight.. Center screw was tight.

All three have been re Loktited, I cleaned the holes and the threads very well with acetone first.  Will verify at the range tomorrow.

anyone know the torque spec on those screws?  Currently done up to gutentight.   But would love to have a torque spec…

Will pick up a marking pen as well…

6 hours ago, Kirkster said:

Well,  that is probably my problem.  The rear mount screw was loose 1/4 turn to fully tight. The front screw was snug 1/8th turn to fully tight.. Center screw was tight.

All three have been re Loktited, I cleaned the holes and the threads very well with acetone first.  Will verify at the range tomorrow.

anyone know the torque spec on those screws?  Currently done up to gutentight.   But would love to have a torque spec…

Will pick up a marking pen as well…

This is the main problem with inaccuracy in this gun. Basically this gun is very accurate. Design based on perception only by 3 screws, which are close to each other.

CZ  should add vitamin B12 to the food of their  engineers 😉

Edited by yigal