Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dawson Fixed Sights

DJPoLo

I got a preview of the new Fixed Sights for Glock from Dawson Precision last night. Very nice. I especially like the way he's contoured the back of the sight to match the back of the slide. Very classy. They are available in plain, fiber optic and Tritium.

Here's some pics:

NewDawsonGlockSights.jpg

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

I also saw these new sights yesterday at Dawson's and they are NICE!

I'm currently shooting Dave's adjustable on my G17, but this new fixed design is worth giving a try. The sight picture was incredible.

You guys should give these a look.

Looks intersting. Do you know the specs on the notch width and depth? Also do you know the width on the front post in the pic?

Thx!

The front sight in the pic is a .110, I think.

One other note...

Dave is making this new sight for other guns too. The XD, SIG, H&K, 1911, and later a new fixed design for the Beretta. He already had one on a Springfield XD yesterday too. Same basic sight as pictured on the Glock above.

Price?

Joe...which version are you asking about in terms of price? Plain, optic, or tritium inserts?

One question:

is the rear notch the same dimension as the dawson adjustable ?

M

Mark,

Im pretty sure the rear notch is the same.

BW

comparable to the Heinies???

Comparable in price? Not totally sure...depends on if you get them with FO, tritium inserts or plain, but the design on Dave's is far superior IMO.

how much for the plain ones?

I think $49 for the plain (target version), but Paul at Dawson's could probably answer that one better than me. I'm not totally sure. I do know that Dave has a 9% discount when you order both front and rear sights together and he also gives a LEO discount too.

Just orderd a set (f/o .105 front and target rear) by phone for the glock. Should ship next Tuesday , be here by Friday . Came out to ~ $80 .

Report to follow.

They have the same rear notch dimensions as the adjustable sight according to the lady on the phone.

Mark

Edited by Mark Perez

• 3 weeks later...

Finally received and installed them on a 2d gen. G17.

Using WW115 'whitebox' ammo., the sights shoot POA/POI from 5 to 20 yards. YMMV.

The front is .105 wide with the usual Dawson fiber optic .

The rear notch is slightly bigger than from what I remember of the Dawson adjustable was, but not as big as the Heinie rear notch.

Still , a much better improvement over the Yost-Bonitz set I was experimenting with.

If I were to make any mods , it would be

• open and deepen up the rear-notch just a mm more .
  • add a notch to the rear sight similar to the one shown on the attached pic.

It's a toss-up between this set or the Heinie rear/ Dawson front that gives the better sight picture , but you can't go wrong with either choice,imo.

fwiw,

Mark

post-1307-1133041549_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Perez

They look great!

Called y-Day. They say they are $89.18 per set and fit all Glock modlel including 20/21, etc.

Rear is avail with either .115 or .125" wide notch while front is either .105 or .125" wide blade x .205" tall. Trit. avail. in ca. two weeks as sending out sights for vial install. Didn't think to ask about F/O front compatability?

To bad the Sevigny sights are not out yet for comparison?

Bugs

Edited by Bugs Bunny

• 8 months later...