Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3XL dot drifting

UpYoursPal

Searched around the internet a bit and couldn't find anyone discussing this, so I figured that I would post here.

I have the strangest issue with my R3XL.  Every so often after firing a round, the dot will just start to move on its own.  Usually it drifts down to the bottom of the glass, but at least once I've watched it fade out and show up again all the way to the left.  A very strange thing indeed!  It has only happened about 3-4 times, and fortunately resetting it makes the dot go back to center, but I can't actually figure out HOW this would happen.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Can it be fixed?  Or do I just need to RMA it?

23 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

Searched around the internet a bit and couldn't find anyone discussing this, so I figured that I would post here.

I have the strangest issue with my R3XL.  Every so often after firing a round, the dot will just start to move on its own.  Usually it drifts down to the bottom of the glass, but at least once I've watched it fade out and show up again all the way to the left.  A very strange thing indeed!  It has only happened about 3-4 times, and fortunately resetting it makes the dot go back to center, but I can't actually figure out HOW this would happen.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Can it be fixed?  Or do I just need to RMA it?

Not sure that is even possible? the LED only moves via the adjustment screws. Other than that its just a LED there is really no way for it to move, and then move back? Are you 100% confident you arent seeing some kind of reflection?

6 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Not sure that is even possible? the LED only moves via the adjustment screws. Other than that its just a LED there is really no way for it to move, and then move back? Are you 100% confident you arent seeing some kind of reflection?

Yeah I don't know how that's possible either.  I thought that perhaps the diode adjustment mechanism had slipped and was causing it to point down, but that doesn't explain why it would suddenly be centered when I reset the optic.

Mind you, I was watching the dot as this happened.  It would just drift down, so much so that I would have to significantly elevate the gun to get it centered again.  It was VERY strange.

The dot was not moving on the screen on mine, but the zero would drop down and to the left.  It got the the point were I could not make POA meet POI.  It had to be sent back.  Sig sent me a new optic.  Never mentioned what was wrong with the old optic.  Turn around was about 2 weeks.

To be clear the dot was still projected into the middle of the screen but the POI would be low left.  The pots were finally to their end point and the optic could not be zeroed.  

• 3 months later...

Iv got a Romeo 3 Max going to fedex today for not holding Zero left right wont hold and is drifting left with every shot.  Its all mush when ajusting left right not clicks so we will see.