Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mk iv 22/45 thumb rest

Squirrel45

Using a S&W Performance Center Victory for RFPO with the Tandemkross thumb rest and their safety, which also acts as a thumb rest.  Works very well.  The front thumb rest is designed to have two screws and a pin in the middle.  The pin is mounted in the receiver for additional support (per the gunsmith that mounted it).

This has a few other TK parts in it.  

BC

RFPO.jpg

I installed the thumb rest without looking at a video (mistake)... on the MKIV the trigger pivot pin is held in place with a small wire spring that locks in a groove on the right side of the pin... naturally my pistol was dirty, and on observation, I did not see the spring which is to the right and beneath the trigger bar...finally located it after referring to a video, and used a small punch to move the trigger bar over and depress the nose of the spring... the forward thumb rest then easily pushed out the pin with the spring depressed,  and was locked into position with a new hinge pin

if you do the thumb safety also, the  directions are worth reading... only problem I had was the bolt release lever slipped off the stud..  the lever has a slot on the back that the stud fits into

• 2 weeks later...