Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to..loading primed cases ?

I am considering pulling multiple loaded 9mm rounds and reloading on my trusty 650.

What is the most efficent process to reload this brass?......concerned with primed brass interacting with priming station and resizing the brass itself before reloding,

Desperate times are calling for desperate measures....have had these loads sitting around for some time.

Thanks in advance.....

If you're concerned about primed brass in the resizing die, just pull the die from your tool head and put it back when you're done. Use a pencil to mark it first, a line through the die and onto the frame should get you close to where you were before.

Is there a problem with the ammunition as is?  If not, why go through the effort of pulling bullets and reloading?  What sort of quantity are you looking at?

If you do disassemble the ammunition, how are you pulling the bullets?  Inertqil pullers take some time.  Are you salvaging the powder, or discarding it?

You will need to remove the decapping pin to avoid knocking the primers out.  Sizing should not be a problem.  You can remove teh entire sizing die, but it doesn't hurt to resize teh cases.

With the decapping pin removed, proceed as normal for loading.

I just did this pulled and loaded about 500 rounds using a collection of loaded practice ammo that I had thrown into an ammo can over the years. I  was not confident there might be some bad or major rounds mixed in. Multiple brands of primers.

I just took the decapping pin out of my Dillon sizing die and loaded like normal. I wanted to run them thru the sizer just to make sure they were correct. 

I have now shot about 300 with not a single problem or malfunction in my PCC and my son's STI 3-gun 2011.

gerritm

I regularly process one fired FC-NT headstamp 9mm brass. My routine is to size and deprime, swage the primer pocket, wet tumble and dry. Since I use a Dillon 1050, I decided to run them back through the 1050 to use a Lee U die to bring the case dimensions back to minimum and to prime the processed cases. I can reload the sized and primed cases on one of my 650's at my leisure. I normally load in 5k batches so the extra steps dont become a chore. The reduced effort in loading the processed brass is a big plus.