Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Rules in SCSA

apoc4lypse

54 minutes ago, Sarge said:

But he hasn’t DQED. He dropped it outside a COF. If he picks it up then he’s DQED 

You have a point.  Who is to know whether he removed his belt (a DQ) and the pistol fell out, or he entered and the pistol fell out while he was taking a leak.  Dunno.  I do know it will not be me retrieving the pistol.

On 1/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, zzt said:

At RO training we were told that enumeration was added because people were going into a port-a-potty and then removing their belt.   We were instructed that if we heard a velcro rip from inside one, the shooter was DQ'd if they came out with a gun in the holster.

I thought it came out of the 3-Gun world. I've had several three gunners tell me that it is legal in their sport.. 

On 2/1/2021 at 5:20 PM, zzt said:

You have a point.  Who is to know whether he removed his belt (a DQ) and the pistol fell out, or he entered and the pistol fell out while he was taking a leak.  Dunno.  I do know it will not be me retrieving the pistol.

That's where this would be handy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-lb-capacity-telescoping-magnetic-pickup-tool-95933.html

image_14651.jpg

1 hour ago, David.Hylton said:

I thought it came out of the 3-Gun world. I've had several three gunners tell me that it is legal in their sport.. 

Yes, legal is some 3 gun rule sets.