Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AO1LD vs Shadow 2?

Fasthenk65

Maybe I can find it somewhere but would you please be so kind to shortly describe the biggest differences between AO1LD and Shadow 2?

Since short it is available in Europe and on the production IPSC list!

Is it better?

Thank you so much!!

A01 ld has forged frame and slide vs S2 cast frame, bull barrel, sear cage pinned directly to frame (which results in crisper SA trigger) and uses P10F/P09 mags.  It also weighs about 51 ounces unloaded.  

2 hours ago, jripper said:

A01 ld has forged frame and slide vs S2 cast frame, bull barrel, sear cage pinned directly to frame (which results in crisper SA trigger) and uses P10F/P09 mags.  It also weighs about 51 ounces unloaded.  

yes, but how does it shoot and compare to S2?

Edited by Fasthenk65

Unfortunately I can’t tell you how it shoots but I suggest holding any gun weighting 51oz.  I was thinking about the A01LD too but trying a CZ shadow with brass grips and a brass magwell made it clear that a 51oz gun is not for me even before taking one shot.  There is still the SD version?

Success er mee. 

The A01LD has less perceived recoil and less muzzle flip because of its weight compared to the S2. For the same reason (weight), the A01LD feels less dynamic and does not seem to “point” as fast or transition as fast as the S2. It is heavier in the hands, so what you gain in recoil moderation you give up in terms of how fast the gun seems to move.

The A01LD grip circumference is larger than the S2. If you have smaller hands, this may be an issue for you.

Fit and finish is better on the A01LD than on my S2. It is a blued finish rather polycoat.

As previously mentioned, the trigger is better/crisper on the A01LD because the sear is pinned directly to the frame rather in a sear cage like the S2.

In terms of accuracy, the A01LD hands down is far more accurate than my S2. Group sizes are about half.

Things to consider:  Not all S2/CZ75 parts fit on the A01LD.  All the springs except the trigger bar lifter spring are interchangeable.  If you don’t live in the US where parts from CZC are readily available, this may be an issue.  S2/CZ75 parts are pretty much available anywhere. The A01LD is more complex and harder to work on (my opinion).

While the A01LD was designed to use P10F/P09 mags, CZ75 mags will also work.  You may want to buy the special grip panels that CZC sells if you will be using CZ75 mags on a regular basis though.

The A01LD is now my primary match gun and I have recently purchased a second as a backup. My S2 is in the process of being sold. It is a great gun.

Edited by Hooked

I also have both guns.  The grip is different.  I like it, but as previously mentioned, it is larger.  If you have small hands it's probably not for you.  It is super accurate.  I also have the SD version, and I think of the three guns it's my favorite.  about 4 ounces lighter, with the superior construction and accuracy of the LD.  

10 hours ago, Hooked said:

The A01LD has less perceived recoil and less muzzle flip because of its weight compared to the S2. For the same reason (weight), the A01LD feels less dynamic and does not seem to “point” as fast or transition as fast as the S2. It is heavier in the hands, so what you gain in recoil moderation you give up in terms of how fast the gun seems to move.

The A01LD grip circumference is larger than the S2. If you have smaller hands, this may be an issue for you.

Fit and finish is better on the A01LD than on my S2. It is a blued finish rather polycoat.

As previously mentioned, the trigger is better/crisper on the A01LD because the sear is pinned directly to the frame rather in a sear cage like the S2.

In terms of accuracy, the A01LD hands down is far more accurate than my S2. Group sizes are about half.

Things to consider:  Not all S2/CZ75 parts fit on the A01LD.  All the springs except the trigger bar lifter spring are interchangeable.  If you don’t live in the US where parts from CZC are readily available, this may be an issue.  S2/CZ75 parts are pretty much available anywhere. The A01LD is more complex and harder to work on (my opinion).

While the A01LD was designed to use P10F/P09 mags, CZ75 mags will also work.  You may want to buy the special grip panels that CZC sells if you will be using CZ75 mags on a regular basis though.

The A01LD is now my primary match gun and I have recently purchased a second as a backup. My S2 is in the process of being sold. It is a great gun.

highly appreciated!