Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Limited 40 value???

jaques

I have this STI DVC Limited 40 in great condition, I haven't shot it in year's and don't plan on it. Thinking about selling it and was curious was the going price range for one?

I have 2 MBX magazines and 2 factory magazines. Not many rounds at all thru it.

Thanks in advance 

Trace is right.... in the classifieds here that would be about a 2k pistol BUT the Wick fans on Gunbroker seem to be driving prices on STIs thru the roof.  Quick search on GB shows one in .40 sold yesterday for $2,800.  In 9mm folks are paying above msrp for used DVCs on there, it’s crazy!

I have RangerTrace's DVC 40 from 3 or so years ago. It needed a lot of work but has been one hell of a pistol since the work was done. $2000 is awfully low for a slightly used one and one that's had work done on it, well... that's up for debate. A gun that runs is sometimes worth the extra cash.

Edited by steveac1
add

With STI not making the entry level Edge and mid-level DVC anymore, I expect the used market for entry level 2011's. to grow. 

I'd estimate a factory, unmolested .40 DVC in excellent condition to go for $2100-2500, 9mm slightly more.  

• 5 weeks later...

Recently I've been lucky to see an entry level edge or the like go for 2K or less, so as said above, prices are up if you have a buyer... kinda goes without saying.  With used Atlas' going for 3K the competition circuit may not yield top dollar where Gunbroker reaches a large audience.

• 3 weeks later...

Before last March I bought a DVC 3 gun for $2300,DVC LTD for $2250,and luckily one of the DLC coated Edges for $1400.All 9mm.All mint like new condition.A few months ago my friend bought a DVC LTD in 9mm mint condition for $2400.I just bought a real nice low round Wilson Protector 9mm for $2000.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, steveac1 said:

I have RangerTrace's DVC 40 from 3 or so years ago. It needed a lot of work but has been one hell of a pistol since the work was done. $2000 is awfully low for a slightly used one and one that's had work done on it, well... that's up for debate. A gun that runs is sometimes worth the extra cash.

Sorry you had to spend a bunch of money on it.  It was bone stock and virtually new as I recall.  I guess STI has figured out how to build them or at least 9mm anyway.

• 2 years later...