Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO CZC Magazine Malfuntion

looking4reloadingdeals

I bought a used TSO (40 ca) and it came with CZC base pads, and I’m assuming CZC springs and followers as well. I have been having lots of problems with the followers in these mags. They do not sin in the magazine correctly and when the gun is empty the slide catches on the follower and rips it out of the magazine, thus jamming up the gun and forcing me to forcibly pull the magazine out of the gun.

I tried to call CZC but they apparently don’t have phone support for stuff like this and their automated message said to send an email which I did last Tuesday/Wednesday with no response yet so I figured I would reach out here. 

this is what the followers look like in the magazine, which is obviously incorrect. 

I can take a picture of how the slide gets caught on the follower if needed. 

IV never had to tune mags before so I’m not sure where to start and couldn’t find anything for this, only rounds nosediving. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

F361A488-5F26-420A-88A1-4EF23A8E7D99.jpeg

9438E1BE-6256-4E16-8654-89AF652E5BB9.jpeg

CZC refuses to tell customers up front they have to modify the springs to work in TS 40 mags. The springs are designed to "work" in ALL CZ75 and require some modification to work in TS/CM mags. Take the top loop of the spring and bend it to one side until the follower stops sticking out.

5 minutes ago, 858 said:

CZC refuses to tell customers up front they have to modify the springs to work in TS 40 mags. The springs are designed to "work" in ALL CZ75 and require some modification to work in TS/CM mags. Take the top loop of the spring and bend it to one side until the follower stops sticking out.

Thanks, I’ll try that on my lunch break today. Best part about this work from home crap haha. 

33 minutes ago, 858 said:

I did this on the CZC spring/follower combo on my CM big stick in addition to crimping the magazine tubes’ feed lips. Knowing what I know now, I’ll stick with the grams spring/follower combo for less aggravation in tuning them.

5 minutes ago, George16 said:

I did this on the CZC spring/follower combo on my CM big stick in addition to crimping the magazine tubes’ feed lips. Knowing what I know now, I’ll stick with the grams spring/follower combo for less aggravation in tuning them.

Two years ago I left a review on CZC's site mentioning the springs need bending to work and they never put the review up. They probably just overlooked it. lol.

9 minutes ago, 858 said:

Two years ago I left a review on CZC's site mentioning the springs need bending to work and they never put the review up. They probably just overlooked it. lol.

Overlooked? I don’t think so 😆.

Its not too hard to type that into the description.

56 minutes ago, 858 said:

A member of the club who used to shoot at a good level was a Facebook friend of a  pro shooter from the CZ  group .after reporting to them  about some defects and embarrassing malfunctions in the weapon was blocked forever. during one season he cracked 3 shadow 2 frames😀

3 years ago he started to shoot 1911 .now he don't has any problems.

cz knows about all problems in their guns but they don't want to hear about this and They deny everything.🙉🙊🙈 smart company.😀

46 minutes ago, yigal said:

A member of the club who used to shoot at a good level was a Facebook friend of a  pro shooter from the CZ  group .after reporting to them  about some defects and embarrassing malfunctions in the weapon was blocked forever. during one season he cracked 3 shadow 2 frames😀

3 years ago he started to shoot 1911 .now he don't has any problems.

cz knows about all problems in their guns but they don't want to hear about this and They deny everything.🙉🙊🙈 smart company.😀

Here is someone that doesn't know the difference between CZC and CZ.

40 minutes ago, 858 said:

Here is someone that doesn't know the difference between CZC and CZ.

yes .CZ in EU. CZC far away  on some island.😉

And I do not know if there is any connection between them

Edited by yigal

Ok... so after about 30 minutes of bending and taking the spring apart 10 times I finally got one of my mags to work without stripping the follower out on an empty chamber. There still is no lock open on an empty chamber but I didn’t expect that to work anyways. 

I have grams followers and Hennings base pads on my S2 mags that I have never had a problem with. The next time I need to buy springs and followers I will 100% be going with grams. Just not worth selling these to buy the grams at this point. 

I do like the way the CZC base pads come off compared to the hennings, but don’t love that they aren’t “toolless”, so it’s a give and take. 

does anyone know if the grams followers and springs work well with the CZC basepads? 

34 minutes ago, yigal said:

yes .CZ in EU. CZC far away  on some island.😉

And I do not know if there is any connection between them

CZ is the firearm manufacturer, CZC is a completely separate custom shop that has absolutely nothing to do with CZ except that they specialize in parts for their guns

36 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Ok... so after about 30 minutes of bending and taking the spring apart 10 times I finally got one of my mags to work without stripping the follower out on an empty chamber. There still is no lock open on an empty chamber but I didn’t expect that to work anyways. 

I have grams followers and Hennings base pads on my S2 mags that I have never had a problem with. The next time I need to buy springs and followers I will 100% be going with grams. Just not worth selling these to buy the grams at this point. 

I do like the way the CZC base pads come off compared to the hennings, but don’t love that they aren’t “toolless”, so it’s a give and take. 

does anyone know if the grams followers and springs work well with the CZC basepads? 

Bending the springs shouldn't be that difficult. Just bend the top loop radially to the wire. Frankly, the Grams kits kind of suck too. 

1 hour ago, 858 said:

Bending the springs shouldn't be that difficult. Just bend the top loop radially to the wire. Frankly, the Grams kits kind of suck too. 

I may have gotten a little OCD while doing it lol. But, I got them all working for now. Let just hope they stay like that for a while. Hopefully they won’t require constant tuning?

On 10/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, looking4reloadingdeals said:

CZ is the firearm manufacturer, CZC is a completely separate custom shop that has absolutely nothing to do with CZ except that they specialize in parts for their guns

The information you posted is very well known by Yigal.  You need to understand his humor/sarcasm to get the joke. 

2 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

The information you posted is very well known by Yigal.  You need to understand his humor/sarcasm to get the joke. 

Do you mean trolling? He's been posting the same tired stories for years.

Just use the Grams stuff. I was in the same situation and went through all that modification jazz. Eventually I threw everything away, bought the Grams springs and followers and forgot about it. 

Edited by cheby