Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TriggerTech PCC trigger

So, I received an email about a week ago from TriggerTech announcing the availability of their new PCC trigger.  Unfortunately, it has a minimum pull weight of 3.5 lb and a MAP is $225.  Considering the CMC PCC trigger is also 3.5 lb, feels great, is 100% reliable, and has a street price of about $125, I think TT missed the mark on this one.

Edited by ltdmstr
9 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

So, I received an email about a week ago from TriggerTech announcing the availability of their new PCC trigger.  Unfortunately, it has a minimum pull weight of 3.5 lb and a MAP is $225.  Considering the CMC PCC trigger is also 3.5 lb, feels great, is 100% reliable, and has a street price of about $125, I think TT missed the mark on this one.

Yea, I completely do not get the 3.5# minimum trigger pull.  Makes zero sense.  I currently have a TriggerTech AR Diamond trigger set at just under 2#s.  Works great.  I am curious if and when it will start having the auto issues I have heard others having using that triggers in PCC.

I tried TT Diamond in my JP short stroke PCC.  I worked well for a while, then I started getting some random bursts.  So swapped it out for the CMC, which I really like.  Personally don't really need a super light trigger for a carbine, but a little lighter would be nice.

I have a TT diamond in one of my RDB rifles.  Not sure exactly the TPW I'm using now, but when I went down to 1.5 lbs. the pull weight began to creep and eventually doubled.  It's been fine upwards of 2 lbs.

I kept the trigger pull with the TriggerTech just under 2 lbs. to prevent issues for this reason.   We will see how long that lasts.

I like the trigger a lot.  I can get splits down to .10 seconds, but it will take work to get the finger to pull that fast with consistency. 

I was just on the TriggerTech site and the product description indicates it is adjustable, but I have not seen any other references that you can adjust lower than 3.5 pounds.

Weird... I’ve been getting into long-range bolt guns and the TriggerTech Diamond pretty much owns the market specifically because it goes down so light (ounces not pounds lol)...

Maybe they only shoot their PCC’s when they’re waiting on new barrels for their bolt-guns hahaha..?

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't felt the need to go below 2.5lbs on my TT Diamond, .10-.13 splits are easily attainable. The big change with the PCC triggers seems to be the hammer geometry in that it strikes the firing pin with the mass centered, assumedly to cut down on firing pin wear. Can't imagine they don't have a Diamond version in the works, probably just needed more R&D time to address the reported doubling.