Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A 625 "laid To Rest"

D.carden

Friday night after cleaning my 625 i proceeded to get in some dry fire practice to ready myself for the Bay Bridge Charity match when something inside the frame went wrong.

Pulled off the side plate and out fell the hammer.

Hammer stud broke off at the frame. !!!!

Well, I had already bought another 625 in june but had not yet set it up or even fired it.

So, i swaped all the old parts into the new until i can do the polish work etc.

Didn't have time to sight in before the match so i had to pass on that one.

Anyway, i dont think its worth repairing. The barrel wont even turn a bore brush when cleaning. 50,000 +- rnds. Couple 100,000 dry fire cycles. Frame has alot of wear at the spot where the cyclinder touches it in the fully open position. Real sloppy.

I think its ready for retirement !!!! Who's next !!!

Dan..........

Edited by D.carden

Oh my God......here we go......let me guess......you were using that old shot-out beater at the Fall Classic.......

OK, Dan, now seriously--just fix your 625. The hammer stud is replaceable, and the rest of the gun is probably still perfectly fine, at least for a back-up to your newer one if nothing else. I've got several high-mileage (but maintained) wheelguns that still work great, including that 25-2 that Sam's using.

If you don't want to mess with it, sell it to me. I'll fix it and consider it my Rolla trophy! ;););)

Anyway, i dont think its worth repairing. The barrel wont even turn a bore brush when cleaning. 50,000 +- rnds. Couple 100,000 dry fire cycles. Frame has alot of wear at the spot where the cyclinder touches it in the fully open position. Real sloppy.

Dan..........

FWIW, that sounds like the exact description of my gun when I shot the 2004 Europeans. I broke off the hammer stud three weeks before going and my smith repaired it for a couple of bucks. It is easy to repair.

I retired this gun soon after that though.... :(

Hey Dan, had the same thing happen to my M29 and a M28.

Impossible to fix correctly, the pistol will never shoot well again.

If you wish to forward it, I'll pay freight, to me I will install it in the "Revolver Informational Plot of my S&W Historical Cemetery". I'm sure I can give it the proper and fitting services.

Seriously, send it to Randy and have him rebuild it completely! You know new Ti Cylinder, fancy Barrel, programable smart chips, for bullets, interfaced with a stealth heads up display. Then we can listen to Carmoney on how none of it's needed... Just point, close eys and jerk trigger. Wait, maybe he already has those things, I thought I caught him squinting at the Area 3!

Dave

If you wish to forward it, I'll pay freight, to me I will install it in the "Revolver Informational Plot of my S&W Historical Cemetery". I'm sure I can give it the proper and fitting services.

No way, Dave--Dan's old 625 is going in a little shadow box on my wall! ;)

Dan, we waited for you to show up at the Charity Classic, but you never arrived...we waited for you show up for the steel shootoff after, but you never arrived....

And now you blame one little malfunction for keeping you away....

shame on you, Mr. Revolver man.....

don't you own another gun that you could have used? your non-attendance was missed...we even had revolver friendly stages for you...

next time ok?

michaels :)

michaels,

It's very sad to witness what's happened. Ever since he bought that Glock, he just hasn't been the same. It's just one pathetic excuse after another:

"My 625's all worn out from three million dry-fire cycles and now I broke my hammer stud and my other 625 hasn't been sighted in or anything....."

"I'm all nervous and frazzled from that terrible traffic in St. Louis....."

"My lucky pith helmet got crushed by a piece of heavy equipment, and you know I can't shoot well without my lucky pith helmet...."

:D

michaels,

It's very sad to witness what's happened. Ever since he bought that Glock, he just hasn't been the same. It's just one pathetic excuse after another:

"My 625's all worn out from three million dry-fire cycles and now I broke my hammer stud and my other 625 hasn't been sighted in or anything....."

"I'm all nervous and frazzled from that terrible traffic in St. Louis....."

"My lucky pith helmet got crushed by a piece of heavy equipment, and you know I can't shoot well without my lucky pith helmet...."

:D

it's so sad what's happening to him, he went from a bright energentic fellow who made a revolver sing to a never show up and shoot anymore type of low life bottom feeder, scum sucking plastic gun guy...probably has somebody else load his mags for him (I caught him saying they were "clips" once and warned him about it...)

I wish we had saw this coming, then we could have just told him to say 'no to glocks', but we missed our chance. It's such a shame to see good talent go wasted, anybody can shoot a grock good, but to turn the wheel like he does, only comes along just so often.

I guess those of you that are parents should take this as a warning, never let your childern play with glocks....or run with glocks....

michaels (shooting his last match of the year with a grock this weekend if Randy gives me my 627 back....)

Well... I believe we're also gonna have to watch out for Hop. Lately he's been playing with that Benny Blaster way too much. :(

Come on guys... I gave away my STI's (not really away, the crew has 'em) and got rigged up for the revo and you are getting GLOCKS!! What's this place coming to? :angry:

;)

Nothing to worry about here Nelson !!!

The Glock is just a play thing (I dont shoot it very well )

The Revo is where its at man.................!!!!!!

You bringing that thing to the FL Open ? M Cliff needs a spankin.

The S&W factory (800-331-0852) can replace the hammer stud, probably under the lifetime warrantee. They did this to my 686 10 years ago. the job was generally good, however, there are peening marks on the interior of the gun where the new stud was staked in. In addiiton, they had to repolish the exterior of the gun to blend in the new stud.

Edited by Rob Boudrie

Nothing to worry about here Nelson !!!

The Glock is just a play thing (I dont shoot it very well )

The Revo is where its at man.................!!!!!!

You bringing that thing to the FL Open ? M Cliff needs a spankin.

I'm always up for a good spankin........especially if it free......... ;)