Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max Died

Flea

38 minutes ago, Jim O'Young said:

Like all of the Aimpoint products, I have had nothing but great luck with the ACRO sight, both with the optical quality of the dot and with the overall longevity & reliability of the sight.

After using 20, 15 and 10 MOA dots for many years, I actually prefer the size of the 3.5 MOA ACRO and 4 MOA Micro dots. For me, they are just as easy to acquire from the draw & during transitions. The smaller dot makes the plates look bigger & gives more precision for accurate shots.

Jim

Acro.jpg

Nice.  How many rounds do you have on that optic and any double dot issues when pointed into the sun?

4 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Nice.  How many rounds do you have on that optic and any double dot issues when pointed into the sun?

I probably have over 10-15k rounds through this particular sight. On some of my MIcros, I have over 100k without any failures.

I have NEVER had an issue in an ACTUAL shooting situation where I have experienced a multiple reflected/refracted dot sight picture. That being said, I can INTENTIONALLY create an extreme case and point it toward & into the sun and induce ghost dots. As mentioned, I have never experienced conditions where this has actually happened during practice or a match.

• 1 month later...

I have used many dots.  Sig has the longest turnaround time from my experience. 

Vortex - usually the same day they receive a defective unit, they send out a new unit.  No need to call or contact anyone.  Just print out a PDF on their website, and send the dot back.  If you do call or contact them, you can also ask for shipping label to Vortex.

Trijicon - within 1 week they receive a defective unit, they send out a new one.  No need to call.  Fill out a form on their website, and they will email you shipping label. 

Sig - took about 3 weeks to send out a replacement unit.  You have to call their CS number and wait in line.  I called on a Monday and waited 90 min to get to someone.  The lesson is do not call on Mondays.  They email you a shipping label. 

None of them charges anything on shipping back the replacement unit to you.