Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seattle Slug Fit?

Kevin Kline

I have put my Seattle Slug in other frames before, but all were either 2nd generation or older finger groove generation ones. I tried sticking it in my 24 frame last night, which is a newer frame, but it doesnt want to fit all the way in. It stops before being inserted enough for the screw hole to show. Any help?

Thanks Flex. Its a keeper, its a 24, plus, Im done selling guns. For 10 years, I have off and on sold a few guns here and there and EVERYTIME I sell one, I always regret it later and then want it back. I dont care, Im not selling any more, not matter what happens.

I just wanted to make sure the tabs didnt do anything like at stability to the frame or anything. Anybody know why Glock added them anyway?

Just on how to remove the tabs; Get an empty 38 special or 357 mag case. Then put it down the backstrap, keep tapping with a hammer and it'll cut the tabs off without a problem. Took me about a minute to do both. You'll be surprised how easily itcuts them off!

Edited by G17raider

• 1 year later...
I don't know that they do anything (other than provide for a lock). I can't be sure though. And, the Slug is a cheaper part to hack on.

(Meaning...I'd take them out on my gun, but I'm not gonna advise you to. Your call.)

I know it's been over a year since the above post, but I'm just wondering if anyone has determined that the "tabs" should be left in rather than removed from the Glock frame? Is the general opinion still that it's ok to remove them? I'd like to add the Slug to my G17L and also my G21. Both are the newer models.

Also, is it me, or does the Slug appear to make a great pummel tool if you had to break a car window or use it in close quarters combat if you lost a mag, or ran out of ammo? Looks like it adds a hard sharp point to the butt of the gun.

Thanks,

-Cuz.

I'd like to add the Slug to my G17L and also my G21. Both are the newer models.

I was under the impression the G17L was discontinued well before the new frame changes. Though I could certainly stand to be corrected on that.

The 17L hasn't been discontinued, they just don't import them as a general rule. Last year they imported 17Ls and 24s with the newer frames.

If you pick up a Glock with the frame made in the US you'll find that the backstrap void is different than previous and imported models.