Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sim-trainer - Indoor Range In Dayton, Ohio

Hello fellow shooters,

Ohio has a new USPSA club. The Sim-Trainer Indoor range in Dayton, Ohio will be holding USPSA matches this winter ... mostly for classifers. We will be holding these matches on the 3rd Sunday of every month begining November 20th, 2005 ............ it's no coincidence that this is just about the same time all the outdoor clubs in Ohio take their Winter Break. ;)

Sign-ups will start at 6:00PM and we will shoot in squads of 8-10 until everyone has had a chance to shoot.

We looked in the classifier book, and found more than 30 classifiers we can run indoors, so you dont have to shoot the same old tired classifiers over and over again! B)

One great feature of Sim Trainer is WE HAVE HEAT! Not only are we located indoors so you can shoot all year round, but very few indoor ranges have full heating systems ..... we have BOTH heat in the Winther & A/C in the Summer-time, not to mention the very latest air-filtration system.

Any and all help with setup is appreciated, and shouldn't take too long with 8 or 10 volunteers.

Bring your friends and family, and come shoot with us. Or if you prefer just come and watch!

We welcome all safe and responsible handgun shooters, from the youngest to the most experienced!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prices for the Special 4 Classifier matches are $15.00 to shoot the match, and $5.00 for reshoots. You dont have to be a Sim-Trainer member to shoot the match, and there is no price difference for member vs. non-member.

This month's match is on November 20th. at 6:00 PM ..... maybe sooner depending on range availability.

Hope to see everyone there.

We welcome all new-comers!

As soon as we decide which 4 classifiers we are shooting I will post all the info here!

Edited by Glock24Shooter

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to shoot a match or two up there this winter. I'm still pretty new to it, I shoot mainly at Miami and Oxford during the summer. It'll be nice to be able to shoot some matches during the winter. I'll probably try to get to Miamisburg this winter too.

Eric

Well, we had our 1st Level I special 4 classifier match yesterday, and it went very well. Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped out with setup. We couldnt have done it without your help.

We shot 4 of the easy ones. El Pres., El Strong & Weak Pres., Quicky II, and Tight Squeeze.

And we plan to do the same thing again the 3rd Sunday of December also.

Hope to see you all there. ;)

Edited by Glock24Shooter

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

I was really hoping to make it over this month to try out my new guns. I have Daddy duty as usual so I won't be able to make it.

How many matches are you going to have??? Are you guys just doing this in the winter???

Flyin40

Were gonna try and do it again in January & Feburary, but we will have regular monthly matches (and that means with a classifier) every 3rd Sunday of the month at 6pm.

Your going to have it the 3rd Sunday???? The same weekend as Rayners???

Flyin40

Yup.

OK, I had to beat it out of him, but here are the classifiers we will be running tommorow:

99-08 Melody Line

99-22 Nuevo El Prez

99-46 Close Quarter Standards

03-18 High Standards

Not much warning, I know. But just enough time to study them out of the book, maybe do some dry-fire runs at home, then come out and shoot with us tommorow. We welcome all shooters!

DVC

Chris

Edited by Glock24Shooter

Were gonna try and do it again in January & Feburary, but we will have regular monthly matches (and that means with a classifier) every 3rd Sunday of the month at 6pm.

Your going to have it the 3rd Sunday???? The same weekend as Rayners???

Flyin40

"Him" has to pick a day and the 3rd Sunday is the one day open, with the club the most distance away shooting (Rayners). Make sense? We could pick any day if its driven by customer demand. We shoot at 6 PM so you can easily make both matches. Now we are shooting in the summer if demand is there. I'll still be shooting Rayner's.

PS No warning?? I can't remember any club publishing classifiers and courses for even 50% of their matches this year. :wacko:

Edited by BSeevers

I can't make both matches on the 3rd Sunday. Just too much driving. 1.5hrs east, 2.75hrs west then 1.25 hrs back east. I don't blame you one bit. You never know how many people aren't shooting on that 3rd Sunday because Rayners is so far east. I was just hoping it would be after the other Dayton match then I could get 2 matches in one trip too Dayton.

It was just wishful thinking. Glad your still coming down to Ranyers. Do whatever is best for your club and I'll try to figure some way to make some of them. I'm really trying to make some of these winter matches. You guys had a good turn out last month. Hopefully next month I can make it.

Flyin40

Kudos to everyone running the match. Everyone probabally though me, Bob vogel and Flex were standing there watching because of some sort of superiority complex... well truth was. bob and i were just dumbfounded... neither of us had ever seen an indor match set up and i have never seen ANY match that efficiently ran. by the time we figured out what to do... it was over... tear down was easier for my pea brain and i managed better with that. But everyone at this range was very efficient and friendly the match ran really smooth. A great facility too! you guys have the makings of an awesome new club!

I will be doing my best to make the Jan and Feb matches also. I won't be around in the ON season much to my knowlege tho :(

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I'll be able to make this one. My wife will get home from work around 4pm and I'll be heading over after she gets home.

Hey don't tell anyone but I'm bringing a "Limited Gun". I'm leaving the open gun at home, I might even bring a single stack.

Anyone around Columbus that wants to car pool let me know. I can hold take 3 others.

Flyin40.

Alright, John's shooting Limited - I'm there with my open gun :) As long as Chris promises not to beat me again with that damned Glock!!!!

Kathy you may be in luck. We only had 1 open shooter last month. I am thinking about it with my XD 9mm. So beware !!!!!