Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Lowers

I have been working with the Tennessee Arms 9mm lowers and having good look with them.  They show a guy who built a full auto on one of their lowers and I believe has over 12000 rounds thru.  I ran one one a USPSA match today, over 300 round and not one bobble or failer to feed or eject....so far very happy with the results  Rifle weighs 5lb.- 14 oz and using one glock 30 plus round mag and one of the clear 30 round ones.  Now looking for a decent trigger around a hundred bucks to complete the build...lots of fun shooting the rifle and enjoyable match.

I had a "regular" AR type trigger in my first AR -9 and I almost immediately sold the rifle after my first trip to the range.  As it was a new gun I wanted to shoot the heck out of it but had to quit after about sixty rounds. 

The trigger slap was UNBELIEVABLE!  My trigger finger felt like it'd wacked it with a hammer.  Let my shooting bud try it-he's a big ole boy who shoots a 300 WM "for fun", shot it five times and handed it back and said his fun meter was pegged.

Started talking to folks and did a bunch of research and actually called CMC and talked to the owner of the company.  Super friendly guy who spent a BUNCH of time talking to someone who at the time knew nothing about AR9's. Ordered one of his triggers and what a DIFFERENCE! When you move the trigger the gun goes bang-right now with minimal overtravel and ZERO trigger slap. I now have three CMC triggers.

I still use Geissele SSA-E triggers with JP yellow hammer springs in my precision AR's but have CMC triggers in my tactical AR's and AR9's.

I went LO $$$ on my Trigger.
Started as a Stock Mil-Spec STAG PXC-9 trigger, breaking at 7-8.5 lbs.  
So out of reserve came the Springs from JP Rifles.  Added the Trigger & Hammer Springs.  Tested at about 4.5#   WOW....   until.....

I went to the range and had 3 light strikes.  Apparently the spring INSIDE the BOLT needed more POP.  So the Factory Hammer Spring back in.  

Cycles Just fine, operates just fine and the Light Strikes went away.   (Not bad for a Previous investment of about $15!!!)

Edited by DPetrlak
added info

I built my PCC with a Stag AR-15 lower and a Stern Defense Mag Block.

Most of the AR parts are standard cheap mil-spec parts including the trigger which is part of this package:

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Strike-Industries-AR-15-Enhanced-Lower-Parts-Kit-L-p/si-ar-e-lrpth.htm

Also bought this part:

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JoeBob-s-AR15-Grip-Screw-Trigger-Adjuster-p/jb-triggeradjuster.htm

Never experience trigger slap etc. I'm pretty happy with it. Feeds any bullet profile including flat nose and JHP. YMMV!

• 3 months later...

My Brother just bought a LaRue for 80 bucks and put it on hos match , 3-gun, rifle.  It is a 2-stage coming in at just over 3,7 lbs,,,,have one coming for  a Christmas present and hope the covid is gone for next year....have a Merry Christmas for everybody on Enos.