Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The State Of 3 Gunning

Its interesting to see the different perception of firearms accross the country. On the left coast they are to be hidden and if used do it discretely and while well dressed. Get east of the Mississippi and a similar mind set becomes apparent. Here in fly over country guns are tools carried openly for all to see ( cause we don't have concealed carry yet in Kansas ) and get used to. The NRA youth hunter and women on target events fill up quickly and have waiting lists, we're talking 80 to 100 for each in a county of 36,000. Call it a wild west or outlaw attitude but it is different here. For these reasons the different parts of the country approach the game and the way they choose to play it in varying ways. If I have to dress to a different standard to shoot this or that match so be it, I'll probably call it to far when we have to start wearing tweeds. No offense Mike 45. Keith

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was attacked by a flying clay today while going to get a cup of coffee................

Welcome back to the conversion of IPSC to political correctness from a combat sport. Let's have a diamond shape target.......bullshit.

Last person I saw run a full speed did not go as fast as a clay bird thrown fast by a machine, although it is impressive. Let's invent target thrower that can replicate a shifting and moving (at realistic speeds) target.

If we are going to test 'the full range of skills of the shotgun' let's have some single clay stages. You know what I mean, clays thrown at difficult angles and speeds, but only singles.

Come on guys, this is about the combat use of weapons, not some trick show shooting. If you want to do that fine but don't make this sport some skilled freak show. (Man, am I going to catch sh-t for that one)

The always politically incorrect and non-caring of others feelings,

Guy Hawkins

I will provide my address so I may receive the beatings others feel I deserve.............

Cold clear minded rage at a direct personal attack would be a bit hard to do at a match. KURTM

This is the only reason I ever shoot well. I thought you were doing it too.............

Love you brother,

Guy

If I have to dress to a different standard to shoot this or that match so be it, I'll probably call it to far when we have to start wearing tweeds. No offense Mike 45.

You mean its only British practical shooters who wear full tweeds a Deerstalker and knee length leather shooting boots boots ??? International standards are really slipping !!

Good luck at Arkansas this weekend Keith - let us know how it goes.

I stand corrected on this whole shotgun thing to an extent. I saw that an upcoming match had 3 shotgun stages that required reloading, 13, 18, and 22 rounds. I began to practice getting ammo from a belt carrier instead of a side saddle, a skill I was not very proficient with. I only practiced 4-5 nights before the match and got smoother than before, but not quite what I thought would be competitive. After getting to the match and seeing that movement and shooting were still important, the reload was only a means to get to shoot more rounds. These were the most fun shotgun stages I have ever shot in my life.

As un-related comment, after shooting a 2 day, 12 stage, 3gun match over this weekend, helping to setup on friday, and staying late to clean up tonite (including cleaning up the piles of brass out of the bays, and loading trailers with garabage by the light of ATV and car headlights) I think we all forgat something ...

The state of 3 gunning is "TIRED". I am so beat I dont think I can sit up from the couch where I colapsed with my laptop. But I'm happy.

Edited by Vlad

ICome on guys, this is about the combat use of weapons, not some trick show shooting. If you want to do that fine but don't make this sport some skilled freak show. (Man, am I going to catch sh-t for that one)

For you maybe!! I personally like the sport/competitive nature of the sport.

ICome on guys, this is about the combat use of weapons, not some trick show shooting. If you want to do that fine but don't make this sport some skilled freak show. (Man, am I going to catch sh-t for that one)

For you maybe!! I personally like the sport/competitive nature of the sport.

For many, both aspects are attractive. Action shooting is a hobby, a sport, training, and a social event. Many carry and use the guns of the sport every day. For me personally, some guns are tools, some are defensive, some are sports equipment, and some are just neat.

Edited by fomeister