Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clearing A Pocket Pro II Timer

Flea

I recently got one of these but I don't see anything in the manual that says how to clear all the shot data. Can it do this? If so, how? I assume if I take out the battery for a minute or so, that would do it.

Thx

Just now, Racinready300ex said:

I think you just hit the button again. 

True...but it will still hold all other strings that will fit in the viewer. I'd like to possibly see only the current string.

True...but it will still hold all other strings that will fit in the viewer. I'd like to possibly see only the current string.
It holds more than 1 string in memory?

If this is true, please explain how to make this work because mine only holds 1 string as far as I can tell. You hit the button and it resets that string.

Would love to find out how to access previous strings in memory.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

It only stores the most recent string. This is where the CED have the advantage since it stores up to 10 strings iirc. I have used my CED since the Pocket Pro 2 is better since I can stick it on my pants pocket and the numbers are bigger and easier to see.

I guess I don't quite understand how it works. I used it for the first time and it was at in an indoor range. I hit the button with no par time to see how quickly I was able to shoot 2 A zone shots. If no one is shooting while I shoot then as soon as I'm done a bunch of other people start shooting, will it record everyone else's shots? I assume it will. How long will it keep recording the shots...until there is a very long pause or until I hit the button again?

It depends on how you set the sensitivity. However, in an indoor range, it doesn’t matter if the sensitivity is set to high or low. It’ll still pick up the other shooters because of the echo effect inside the indoor range. This is especially exacerbated by hard surfaces like concrete floors and walls.

I guess I don't quite understand how it works. I used it for the first time and it was at in an indoor range. I hit the button with no par time to see how quickly I was able to shoot 2 A zone shots. If no one is shooting while I shoot then as soon as I'm done a bunch of other people start shooting, will it record everyone else's shots? I assume it will. How long will it keep recording the shots...until there is a very long pause or until I hit the button again?
It will continue to record shots as one string. Hitting the button is the only way to reset the string. So if you stop shooting and 5 minutes later, another shot goes off, its added to the string. At least, that's how I understand and have seen it work. Eventually, it turns off with no button presses.
It depends on how you set the sensitivity. However, in an indoor range, it doesn’t matter if the sensitivity is set to high or low. It’ll still pick up the other shooters because of the echo effect inside the indoor range. This is especially exacerbated by hard surfaces like concrete floors and walls.
Yup. This has been my experience as well at indoor ranges.

You can try playing with the "Shot Dead Time" setting to see if you can eliminate it picking up other shots or echoes but I only found this worked if there were few other shooters, they were several bays away from me and they were shooting minor calibers. I imagine this will be an issue with all shot timers.
c1c7275c9989c5cecf4e3e1aee6783f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Too much noise here and I see no clear quick answer to the question:
"Clearing A Pocket Pro II Timer"
I just went and shot it and have what I guess is an 8 shot string and the POS manual doesn't

tell you how to clear the string.
It is also very poor in explaining how to read their data.
I under stand what a split time is but after reading the entire POS manual I don't know what the number 

before the string # means.

Thanks in advance.

PS another issue I had with the manual was in setting the time with the correct Am or PM had a special trick and it was not in the fraking manual either.