Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X5 (not 320) 140mm mag extensions?

BigAm

A friend picked up an old style X5 in 40 for a suuuper good price. But is curious if anyone makes an extension for the X5 mags to boost capacity, and be legal.

Does he need to buy the X5 mags? Or can he get the 226 mags, and add basepads? Very very new to this, and couldn't find much on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

First off the X5 doesn’t come in .40.
For my p320 limited build, I got the 18 round mags. The 18 rounders are the same size as the 21 round 9mm mags. I used my 140mm base pads and exact same grams springs and followers from my CO X5 for 20 rounds reloadable. Any 140mm bade pad for the X5 will work on the 18 round mags. 

35 minutes ago, Manwithnoname said:

For my p320 limited build, I got the 18 round mags. The 18 rounders are the same size as the 21 round 9mm mags. I used my 140mm base pads and exact same grams springs and followers from my CO X5 for 20 rounds reloadable. Any 140mm bade pad for the X5 will work on the 18 round mags. 

did you even read the guys post? He specifically said it wasn’t a p320 X5. 🤦‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Manwithnoname said:

He’s talking about the German made X5 which uses the same mags as the P226. It’s the one like this:

image.jpeg.613ad6e3f0d59f05cee294b147ea9d7e.jpeg

You're talking about a completely different gun.

Edited by George16

6 hours ago, George16 said:

Contact Armorycraft.com. He sells a variety of Sig specific accessories such as grips, base pads, triggers etc.

Thanks! That was an option I was thinking about. I didnt see anything for sale on the site, but since they are importing them it would be fair to guess they would have the skinny!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Rich406 said:

did you even read the guys post? He specifically said it wasn’t a p320 X5. 🤦‍♂️

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm talking about the German made X5 not the P320 X Five.

1 hour ago, BigAm said:

Thanks! That was an option I was thinking about. I didnt see anything for sale on the site, but since they are importing them it would be fair to guess they would have the skinny!

Thank you!

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm talking about the German made X5 not the P320 X Five.

Sorry about that ! Great gun right there. 

I bought a couple for Midway of all places. They call them Apex mag extensions but I'm not sure if the Apex we know is who makes them.

BUT

They work and increase mag capacity by 3 if memory  serves.

I bought grams spring after the first year to rebuild the guts FWIW

• Product #: 187971  Couldn't make link work but that's the product# on Midway
Edited by jcc7x7