Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would you like to see more and less of at the matches you attend?

RJH

I used to worry about if it was worth more to shoot at something or not. Anymore it has to be very obvious that it's going to take a huge amount of time for me to not shoot at it. I come to matches to shoot not to do math 🙂

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/14/2020 at 3:50 PM, motosapiens said:

I actually find the less-skilled shooters are more likely to shoot at a poorly designed disappearing target. The better shooters are good at math, and if they can't be pretty certain the target will increase their HF, they ignore it. In general, on a high HF stage, it's very rare for me to engage a disappearing target, but if M and GM shooters are getting HF's in the 4-6 range, it can start to look pretty tempting, even with a little risk (like a no-shoot or something).

I like your strategy of making them available from somewhere really inconvenient so they can non-disappearing. Something Sherwyn would do in A3.

I have found it works well to set them in a situation where there are several other targets to engage and the challenge then becomes how much can I get done before it disappears, or place it so its where you should be next if you don't mess up your movement. the worst thing though is a disappearing target nobody shoots that causes reshoots because it doesn't get reset even though the shooter had no intention of shooting it.