Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick question for current PCC USPSA shooters

Rather than trying to dig through a bunch of rule stuff, I figure I could save a lot of time by asking here as there are obviously a bunch of USPSA PCC shooters here.

I'm going to shoot my PCC this week for the first time in a local USPSA club and my question is simple-when I move from position to position do I have to have to put the rifle on SAFE before moving?

Considering the fact that I do not have to apply the safety on my Canik TP9SFX when moving, I'm assuming it's the same procedure with the rifle, i.e. trigger finger must be outside the trigger guard and laid against the receiver????

Thanks for the reply's,

Copterdrvr

5 minutes ago, copterdrvr said:

Considering the fact that I do not have to apply the safety on my Canik TP9SFX when moving, I'm assuming it's the same procedure with the rifle, i.e. trigger finger must be outside the trigger guard and laid against the receiver????

you have a safety on your Canik that you can apply????

You don't have to lay your fingers against the receiver...just have to be out of the trigger guard.  laying it on the receiver just makes it easier for the RO to 100% see that the finger is out of the trigger guard...

Biggest safety problem with PCC Shooters is 180, especially going left for right handers (as with pistol) but also going into a port and snagging the end or catching the muzzle in the plastic screening that a lot of clubs use for wall construction. 

I am not sure how adept at shooting or shooting USPSA, so this may be a mute point.  Being that this would be your first PCC match I thought I would share something that might help.  At one of my first couple of matches where I shot PCC, as a right handed shooter I tore off in an aggressive manner from right to left.  I did not think about how normally holding the rifle would place the muzzle of the rifle.  I believe I most definitely broke the 180 but I think the RO was looking at something else so I was not DQ'd.  What I should have done was dry fire movement with the PCC to start ingraining movement of the PCC safely while shooting a course of fire in any direction.  Dry Fire movement with the PCC will also help in the stages if you set up barricades or use furniture to simulate barricades, to be able to learn the most effective means of movements in and out of various positions.  Watch some videos of Max Leograndis and/or Josh Froelich on YouTube are some excellent references.  Like I said maybe a mute point.

Thanks for all the responses-they're all awesome!

My past training makes it automatic to place my trigger finger parallel to the barrel so that's what I'll be doing. I'm a Lefty so I can see that extra caution will be required when transitioning from left to right, heck I don't even like it with my pistol! 😆  I will definitely have to drop the butt out of my shoulder position to transition to the right or I will certainly have an issue with (where I shoot) 45 deg rule.  It's not that you'd get a DQ but they definitely talk to you about it.....

Thanks for all the advice, it's much appreciated!!!!

Copterdrvr