Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Complete! Waiting for delivery

jschroep

Everything razer makes is designed to break. Thats why their warrenty is so good. 

Razor is a quality line of optic that Vortex makes. Razor does not make anything...so you can’t send anything back to Razor. You can send a Razor optic back to Vortex for repair...as with anything Vortex makes. Every optic company has some issue at some point...but see if you can get a 1 week turn around with them...like you can with Vortex. Once I had a 3-gun match and broke an optic in the match the previous weekend. Vortex shipped me a new one immediately before they even got the broken one from me. I had it in 3 days from the day I called them. I was able to shoot my 3-gun match the following weekend. Try finding that kind if service when you broke something and it was your fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, usmc1977 said:

Razor is a quality line of optic that Vortex makes. Razor does not make anything...so you can’t send anything back to Razor. You can send a Razor optic back to Vortex for repair...as with anything Vortex makes. Every optic company has some issue at some point...but see if you can get a 1 week turn around with them...like you can with Vortex. Once I had a 3-gun match and broke an optic in the match the previous weekend. Vortex shipped me a new one immediately before they even got the broken one from me. I had it in 3 days from the day I called them. I was able to shoot my 3-gun match the following weekend. Try finding that kind if service when you broke something and it was your fault.

That's good to hear. I'm interested to see how it compares to my DPP

6 hours ago, jschroep said:

That's good to hear. I'm interested to see how it compares to my DPP

yea yea vortex mr grammar Nazi.  you got lucky with that 3 day ship time. Ive sent my pst gen2 scope off no less than 2 times and my vortex venom off no less than 5 times.  iv been running a holosun 510c, since release, first on a vr80 shotgun and now on an open gun and it has never once broken or needed to be sent off.  after the second time i sent my pst gen 2 off i switched to steiner and never looked back.  Sure vortex makes decent stuff, but i think, although they do have some decent models, that at the end of the day its entry level stuff.  Anything that is designed to break that i have to continually send off over and over isnt something im interested in.  

yea yea vortex mr grammar Nazi.  you got lucky with that 3 day ship time. Ive sent my pst gen2 scope off no less than 2 times and my vortex venom off no less than 5 times.  iv been running a holosun 510c, since release, first on a vr80 shotgun and now on an open gun and it has never once broken or needed to be sent off.  after the second time i sent my pst gen 2 off i switched to steiner and never looked back.  Sure vortex makes decent stuff, but i think, although they do have some decent models, that at the end of the day its entry level stuff.  Anything that is designed to break that i have to continually send off over and over isnt something im interested in.  

How much was your Steiner vs the mid-grade PST and Venom. Just curious. I just want to do a fair side by side cost, feature, and quality comparison between your Steiner and your PST and Venom. You can’t really buy a Volkswagen and think you are going to get a Corvette and then complain about the Volkswagen’s speed once you buy Corvette. I would venture a guess that 75% of all 3-gun shooters have vortex optics...because the high probability if dumping and breaking stuff is so high. Like I said....I broke the optic. It was my fault not that of Vortex. They replaced it anyway no questions asked. As long as they can get a serial number off of it they will replace it. It does not matter if it was run over by a tank...they will still replace it.

the steiner 1-5 retails for like 1800, i think it was around 13

theres no question that vortex has a great warranty. but the inconvenience of having to ship it off and be down for at least a week is too much.  especially when you have to send the same optic back several times.  the glass in any steiner is the clearest ive ever seen. the 1x is a true 1x and the highest power setting is just as clear and open.  

even if you buy a steiner 1-4 for around 500$ that would beat a pst gen 2 1-6

the steiner 1-5 retails for like 1800, i think it was around 13

theres no question that vortex has a great warranty. but the inconvenience of having to ship it off and be down for at least a week is too much.  especially when you have to send the same optic back several times.  the glass in any steiner is the clearest ive ever seen. the 1x is a true 1x and the highest power setting is just as clear and open.  

even if you buy a steiner 1-4 for around 500$ that would beat a pst gen 2 1-6

The Vortex PST 1-4 with turrets was around $350 or less when I bought it for my girlfriend 5 years ago for 3-gun and still going strong with no issues. But it is certainly no Steiner, Khales, US Optics, or Steiner. I know that for sure. I bought it for the warrantee because I wanted to be able to beat the living tar out of it without fear that I would be flushing $$$ down the toilet if I dumped it too hard in the barrel. Not being smart at all but what would Steiner’s warrantee be if you sent back a heavily worn, scratched, (abused) and broken optic back for warrantee work. How long would the turn around be (ie. could you shoot a match the following weekend)? Would they charge you to fix it?

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

I’m surprised they recommend 340. Is this a MAJOR gun?9 or 38?

N340 is superb in a 9mm major gun. Once Johnny recommended it to me a couple years ago and I put it up against 3n38, HS6, AA7, I was hooked. There is a reason Johnny speaks so highly of it. Soft soft soft and super clean. Plus you don’t have to mess with a full 9mm case. 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:39 PM, jschroep said:

Got a Limcat Razorcat HBar in December. Gun is finished, painted and currently getting the final touchups. Can wait to get her in.

razorcat_black_blue_eps.png

razorcat_black_blue_neps.png

That’s a beauty! Congrats sir 

Got her in and geez this thing is sweet! Had a quick call with Julian and decided to go with the DPP instead. Razor glass is a little too small. They were super accommodating to switch out the mount and optic. 

6 minutes ago, jschroep said:

Got her in and geez this thing is sweet! Had a quick call with Julian and decided to go with the DPP instead. Razor glass is a little too small. They were super accommodating to switch out the mount and optic. 

Awesome. Shoot it yet?????

• IGotta make up some loads tonight. Probably tomorrow. I looked at a holoson 510c and holy smokes that thing is actually huge. I think the DPP is gonna be perfect for me.

I'll make a YouTube video of my first shots. It's like Christmas in July (or may)

On 5/26/2020 at 7:10 PM, jschroep said:
  • IGotta make up some loads tonight. Probably tomorrow. I looked at a holoson 510c and holy smokes that thing is actually huge. I think the DPP is gonna be perfect for me.

I'll make a YouTube video of my first shots. It's like Christmas in July (or may)

We can’t wait to see it! Oh and it made the Limcat web site page! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Nalle2491 said:

It was between a limcat and an Infinity when i finally bought my open gun. Personally, I went with SVI, but damn, those Limcats sure do have some style about them. 

The SVI's also look great too. I think I'd definitely look at them for my next open gun.

I had someone ask why I got a Limcat over an atlas or a akai. He said something about how the Limcat costs so much more than the others. I'm not sure how true that is tho. When I checked the prices of the atlas chaos the my were pretty much in line with the Limcat and depending on what options were selected, the akai also was also similar. 

Shot my first match with it yesterday. It was a 4 stage classifier match. So that was probably the worst one to decide to shoot. My first stage I forgot to turn on my dot and blew my first classifier. The rest of them I struggled to find my dot and stunk at every single one of them.

I've only shot like 3 matches so far and knew I wanted to get into Open eventually. I figured I had the money to get into Open and took the opportunity when it presented. It is kinda annoying getting weird looks but quite frankly I just gotta learn to ignore the neigh sayers. Im hungry to improve and that's all that matters. I know im a better shooter than what I showed and just gotta push on.

Edited by jschroep