Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Customize Press" and Dillon Shipping

Forgive me if these are asinine questions—both are probably no—but I remember a page on the Dillon site that let you customize the press of choice (back before the 750 dropped); you would pick the press and then it would have all the add-ons specific for that press and you could simply add all the extra stuff on one page and add the whole package to the cart.

Did they do away with that? (I can't find it and their forum is still a ghost town.) Now it seems you add the stock press to the cart, then visit the individual product pages to add all the extras...booo.

Also, I am probably thinking of other sites or back when Brian sold them, but didn't Dillon also have free shipping when you ordered a press? I could be wrong on this one and they never offered it, but thought I would ask. 

2 hours ago, Terp said:

Forgive me if these are asinine questions—both are probably no—but I remember a page on the Dillon site that let you customize the press of choice (back before the 750 dropped); you would pick the press and then it would have all the add-ons specific for that press and you could simply add all the extra stuff on one page and add the whole package to the cart.

Did they do away with that? (I can't find it and their forum is still a ghost town.) Now it seems you add the stock press to the cart, then visit the individual product pages to add all the extras...booo.

Also, I am probably thinking of other sites or back when Brian sold them, but didn't Dillon also have free shipping when you ordered a press? I could be wrong on this one and they never offered it, but thought I would ask. 

Dillon never had Free shipping but Brian did

43 minutes ago, AHI said:

Go to the bottom of the page for what ever press you are ordering.

The accessories are listed . So you can order them.

AHI is right

It's not as "easy" as it could be as one has to add the press and then go to each additional component, package individually.  At least, they do have some of the options bundled... i.e..  one can add (strong mount, roller handle, bullet tray) as a kit but it's not at the bottom of the page

https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl-750-xl-650-machine-upgrade-kit_8_136_26709.html

Comment on Terp's OP - Ah - Yes - Those were the good ole days when Brian was able to offer free shipping on his Dillon press orders and I remember the exact interactive menu that Terp described.  It was a very good marketing tool that would have the buyer questioning weather or not they needed that listed option....I bought my first Dillon press from Brian because of the free shipping and also because I grew in the shooting sports by watching Brian Enos shoot and compete.  I even remember receiving an email after placing my first order with Brian from Brian himself....Brian, in my book, is a GREAT shooter and a GREAT man for his contributions to this sport and providing this forum.....At 60 years of age now I continue to learn something new from this site every time I get on it.....

You have to have an account and be signed in to get the build it option, but all it really does is give you add on's.  You still have to individually sort through with change plates,. Dies, etc.