Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther Poly Q5 Trigger Return Spring

Single Stack

I can’t find anyone selling factory trigger return Springs.  Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has the Sprinco TRS but just looking for the standard factory TRS.  Best option to just call Walther customer service?  I broke one today at a match so looking to order a couple.

I can’t find anyone selling factory trigger return Springs.  Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has the Sprinco TRS but just looking for the standard factory TRS.  Best option to just call Walther customer service?  I broke one today at a match so looking to order a couple.
Try earls repair shop http://www.carlwalther.com/q5.htm

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Walther warrantied the TRS and I bought a couple spares as well from them.  $5 part so silly to not have spares.  I called on Monday and it came in the mail today.  That’s great service.

I picked up a Sprinco TRS as well and put that in tonight and did some dry fire.  I was impressed with how it lightened the pull.  Will do some live fire testing on Friday and see how she runs.

18 hours ago, Single Stack said:

I picked up a Sprinco TRS as well and put that in tonight and did some dry fire.  I was impressed with how it lightened the pull.  Will do some live fire testing on Friday and see how she runs.

With the Sprinco reduced TRS, be mindful of finger placement to fully depress the trigger safety blade before moving the trigger.  If you don't, the trigger will move rearward and jam up the safety blade.  Maybe some people have better trigger finger placement than I do, but I only went with the reduced firing pin block spring to smooth out the trigger pull and left the trigger return spring stock.

Edited by crosseyedshooter

With the Sprinco reduced TRS, be mindful of finger placement to fully depress the trigger safety blade before moving the trigger.  If you don't, the trigger will move rearward and jam up the safety blade.  Maybe some people have better trigger finger placement than I do, but I only went with the reduced firing pin block spring to smooth out the trigger pull and left the trigger return spring stock.
I had the same issue overwatch trigger eliminating that issue completely

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, a_whole_lot_of_freedom said:

I have pretty small hands so my fingers didn't reach all the way around the trigger. So if you have long fingers you might be ok

Make sure to check it weakhand shooting too.

Factory trigger with strong triggersafety spring, lighter sprinco trigger spring. On the final target I went weakhand (as a lefty) to avoid a hard lean and...

Make sure to check it weakhand shooting too.

Factory trigger with strong triggersafety spring, lighter sprinco trigger spring. On the final target I went weakhand (as a lefty) to avoid a hard lean and...

I'm telling you man that overwatch trigger will solve all your problems. Ive got 1k with it in the gun and not a single issue.

16 minutes ago, a_whole_lot_of_freedom said:

I'm telling you man that overwatch trigger will solve all your problems. Ive got 1k with it in the gun and not a single issue.

I actually put the factory springs back in it.

I don’t care for the SF so all of my guns are polymer still, so no Overwatch trigger.