Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to convince shooters the Midwest PCC Championship

On 5/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, TonytheTiger said:

Because the government knows whats best. Let them help you.

I feel bad for you guys in IL, at least here in MO, everything is back open again.  Of course it never really shut down, except for restaurants, The tourist/out of town visitors stopped but for a lot of the locals - it was business as usual. 

5 minutes ago, toothandnail said:

I feel bad for you guys in IL, at least here in MO, everything is back open again. 

I'd tell you how us IL guys feel but it would result in the banhammer. You know what I mean. The worst part is that all 102 IL counties are controlled by 6 of them, and the people in those 6 have never even seen the outside of their ivory tower.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:34 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

You need to offer refunds all the way to the end or allow people to register and pay later (much later). 

If you don't have either, I wouldn't sign up if I shot PCC.

The Kentucky sectional is on for mid June and that's how they're handling payment and registration

I'm going and I'm staying in Lexington.  I'm tired of this BS with governors imposing idiotic restrictions with no common sense.  I've been working the entire time this "pandemic" has been going on, and I'm still healthy and kicking.

We're all going to die sooner or later and I've made peace with that long ago.  I'm not going to live in fear.

Well, it wasn't the refund policy, changed and , so far, no bump in registration,  maybe they are all waiting till the last minute.  I don't know if uspsa/pcc shooters do that, they kinda do for monthly's, figured a big match would be different. 

Yeah IL sucks since Chicago runs the whole state. Was suposed to shoot the Spartan 300 with some buddies from work and now that the state is still on lockdown, they moved the match to october. That conflicted with their schedule and had to drop out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, Joedirt199 said:

So how muddy nasty are the bays going to be? Trying to gauge how many pairs of shoes I need to bring

I put over 400 tons of rock in the bays first part of May, still could use more, other than bay 5 that has ground water coming up(have to tile that bay),  they are good.

This was a great PCC match! Fun stages and A LOT of challenging shots. Which I believe is what a PCC match should be. Plenty of options also. 👍

Thanks a a lot to Matt and all the staff. They worked their butts off.