Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 9mm major

Insidethewalls

It's been years since I shot open glock 17 in  major. but if I remember right I used like 7.8 grains to 7.9 grains of autocomp and 125 grain fmj  bullet. It was a formula I got off of B E forms. Open major guns was not my cup of tea. Good luck with your hunt

Go for a round nose bullet like the Everglades V2 JHP to allow you to load a bit longer.  Glock mags don't work with OAL above 1.169", and need even shorter if you use a conical JHP. 

I would recommend a load of 7.7gr of Silhouette under a 124gr bullet, or 8.3gr under a 115 Everglades V2 loaded to about 1.16" with a small pistol primer (not Federal) for reliable ignition.  

Hey folks. I’m new to reloading. I shoot 9major in a Glock 17 4port comp and alpha wolf barrel. I’m having difficulty finding information on loading for a Glock in 9 major. I’m limited in oal to fit a Glock mag. Does anyone have experience or a reliable recipe? Thanks

I have a m&p open gun and i run 7.8 grn silhouette 124 PD JHP and 1.16 OAL..