Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ S2 and P01 before and after flat trigger

Demp223

In anticipation of CZC new flat trigger, I decided to spec out measurements on my S2 and P01 until they arrived. 
Both have full CGW trigger kits with RRK and trigger  set screws set with a hair of pre and overtravel. 
Put a mark on back of frame and  one on trigger shoe, parallel with slide so I can be as accurate as possible for distance from front of trigger face to back of frame. 
Measured Distance from DA position, SA position, fired position, and distance where trigger resets. 
Definite difference in S2 with the addition of sear with the fitted disconnector. Less overtravel and quicker reset by half. I purposely gave more room on S2 reset for gunk and grime build up instead of keeping it at the 1mm range and that’s also where like to run my 1911s. 
2-7-2020. Flat trigger installed in S2 for now. Took about 4 min to swap in. 
No need for trigger set screws as it’s machined spot on for overtravel and sits less than half a millimeter of pre-travel take up in DA. 
As I suspected the flat face by its nature moves the contact point  measurements forward appx 4.6mm so basically back to before the RRK kit. 
Going to dry fire tonight and run a few hundred rounds through it tomorrow first before considering doing P01. 
I do like that the trigger in SA is farther forward 4.9mm again like stock location as it’s better angle for my finger and the flat face feels good. Almost spot on measurements to my 1911s. 
2-8-2020. After dry  firing a lot  last night I decided i like it.  Dropped trigger in P01 and the measurements changed same amount as on S2. Couple differences in length of pulls by a couple mm and reset was 3.9mm and is now 3.2mm. Pretty sure its just due to less articulation in travel based off face of trigger. 

EE2518A4-FF59-4D07-AD62-F86F014A4D2D.jpeg

03F25E12-EB3B-44C7-ACF9-E834924E7BE2.jpeg

0322FF49-1C25-4D39-9FC4-71321D782EA4.jpeg

4606D064-C277-4641-B6FD-900D44C5E76B.jpeg

ACDAB0F8-D402-4EF7-BA71-01D0359B732E.jpeg

7D069A62-1138-4AC3-A444-C6567022B90E.jpeg

B055A5F7-B2D7-495B-BCA6-2E14C5D20E3A.jpeg

Edited by Demp223
Additional info

42 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

Nice job!! 

Those straight trigger numbers won't work for me.  The curved 85 trigger will work and stay in my CZ CTS and S2.  5mm difference is a lot.  

And that’s why I posted the numbers so others can compare their specs and know what to expect. Anyone using same kit should be very similar. 
Hoping it helps others make an informed  decision. 
For me as much as I like the RRK position in DA I wasn’t happy with the SA position on S2 compared to my P01 SA position. 
Now I have the correct S2 SA position and basically  back to stock on DA. Considering I spend way more time in SA that’s more important. Already dry fired about 400 times tonight and it’s very comfortable pull. 

14 hours ago, Demp223 said:

And that’s why I posted the numbers so others can compare their specs and know what to expect. Anyone using same kit should be very similar. 
Hoping it helps others make an informed  decision. 
For me as much as I like the RRK position in DA I wasn’t happy with the SA position on S2 compared to my P01 SA position. 
Now I have the correct S2 SA position and basically  back to stock on DA. Considering I spend way more time in SA that’s more important. Already dry fired about 400 times tonight and it’s very comfortable pull. 

One of the things that led me to sell a shadow 2 was that I couldn't get the SA position to be a little more forward like on my SP01 Shadows, even with an 85C trigger.  it's weird that the S2 shares so many components with the older Shadow, but the overall sweep/travel of the trigger seems longer....both farther out in DA and farther back in SA.

I can definitely see how this new trigger brings the face farther out in SA, but it also obviously increases reach for DA.

Edited by MoRivera

2 hours ago, WxGuy said:

I still may order one and give it a whirl for the S2.  Just something about if it works for me or not!

Same here. After shooting brothers Sig X5 I really liked the flat trigger. Small investment honestly to see if I like it or not on my competition and carry gun. 
So far with dry fire I like it. 

2 hours ago, MoRivera said:

One of the things that led me to sell a shadow 2 was that I couldn't get the SA position to be a little more forward like on my SP01 Shadows, even with an 85C trigger.  it's weird that the S2 shares so many components with the older Shadow, but the overall sweep/travel of the trigger seems longer....both farther out in DA and farther back in SA.

I can definitely see how this new trigger brings the face farther out in SA, but it also obviously increases reach for DA.

That has been my only complaint with S2 was how far back full pull was. 2mm doesn’t seem like much but when your finger is past 90 at least for me I don’t care for it. 

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread. It’s certainly helpful for me. I agree that the only thing I don’t like about the S2 is how far back the trigger break is so I hope this will be a cure for mine. I should know in a few days, with fingers crossed.

53 minutes ago, Crimsonking00 said:

Where are you guys purchasing the czc flat trigger I actually really like the idea of the trigger breaking a couple of mm earlier that’s always been my one pet peeve of my p01 and now my new s2 

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/triggers/czc-straight-da-trigger.html

https://benstoegerproshop.com/czc-cz-shadow-2-flat-trigger-by-cz-custom/

I believe they are out of stock both places however.

If you want the trigger moved back so it is easier to reach,  IE shorter in DA and SA then the Reach Reduction Kit is your answer. And the flat trigger has to be used with the RRK. However because the face is flat compared to curved you end up with face of trigger same distance as stock curve rd trigger face. So it’s a wash. 
mod you want the trigger to break earlier and reset quicker then the trigger kit and RRK with fitted disconnector will help that with either trigger. 

2 hours ago, Crimsonking00 said:

Where are you guys purchasing the czc flat trigger I actually really like the idea of the trigger breaking a couple of mm earlier that’s always been my one pet peeve of my p01 and now my new s2 

Really what I’m wanting is just the break to be shorter.  I have really long fingers and where the trigger starts is fine but having the break so far back past 90degrees is what is frustrating I guess. 

with that being said you do  thank the best way to go is the trigger kit the rrk with fitted disco would be the answer 

I don’t want the resting position on the trigger to change just where it breaks to be sooner  

If you want the trigger to break as far forward as possible you don’t want the RRK kit. Unless you want the flat trigger than you’ll need RRK kit to have correct operation of trigger swing. . But the end result will be same as stock. 
I’d recommend taking measurements of your pistol and compare to both mine before and after. 
Each has full trigger kit with RRK kit. 

6 hours ago, Crimsonking00 said: