Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Shooters

tewlman

Yes indead, saw it with my own eyes. Shooting Limited no less. I won't mention names but he is a member of this forum. He shot it at our local match yesterday. It was good to see him put that antiquated weapon to the side in favor of something a little more modern. :P

Edited by tewlman

To add to the mix.....this same "not to be named" indidvidual is now in a deal with me to procure another bottom feeding gat to corrupt his wife into laying down her wheel gun. The revolver mafia may need to hear about this so that they can stage an intervention...

Ok!Ok! It was me...but there were extenuating circumstances!

I did trade into a Para 16-40, then ebayed a Dawson Ice magwell, and then Chuck Bradley made me buy Dawson+2's and mag pouches...so I had to shoot it.

Reflections of a revolver shooter shooting limited:

-who put that safety thing on it? Damned inconvenient

-22 rds at the beep?-boring...either don't reload at all or reload mid stage :)

-you really don't need to nose the pistol up on a reload... :blink:

-loading magazines....no fun...bring enough ammo moonclipped for the entire match when shooting revo

Here's the real reason. I'm B-Revo and C L10. I get dumped into limited for Ky. State 3 gun. I can shoot B class with the wheel or C class with the L10 gun (as I understand it and have been told). I thought I'd down load the Para to 10 rds for 3 gun but I believe I'll just shoot a single stack .45 instead. I'm already shooting my M1A Bush rifle and my model 12 Winchester pump so why make it harder?

I know I have sinned by shooting the bottomfeeder. I have already bowed towards Shreveport and said 100 hail Jerry's.

Humbly,

Dave

PS There is no worries that Mrs. Airedale will shoot the bottomfeeder-she says they are for.......(edited)

I'm Waiting on my LTD Benny Blaster from Virgil Tripp....

Benny said he built it so nice I would not go back to the wheel gun, after shooting it he could be correct!!!! :wub:

Had not shot LTD in several (many) months, and some how, luckily I managed to be High LTD at the Memphis match I shot it in before sending it to HC.

That goes to show you that when you get a Benny Blaster, all you do is load it....Then it does all the rest!!!!! :D:D:D

Will shoot Revolver at Mississippi, and unless something goes drasticly wrong will give MR Bragg a run for the MONEY in Missouri the next week. :lol::lol::lol:

Nothing wrong with REVO division, just no one to play with :(:angry:

HOP

inside every revolver shooter, there is a bottom feeder trying to get out.

Nothing wrong with REVO division, just no one to play with

yourself? :o

u guys know i'm just funning ya.

Edited by tewlman

How much Cash you got there Jeeper????

I have way more wheel guns than Auto blasters, and have way too many of them!!!! :P

On second thought, If I were to get rid of them then I would have to get rid of a few safes too!!!! :angry:

Offer retracted as it would cause way too much work!!!! :(

HOP

How much Cash you got there Jeeper????

I have way more wheel guns than Auto blasters, and have way too many of them!!!! :P

On second thought, If I were to get rid of them then I would have to get rid of a few safes too!!!!  :angry:

Offer retracted as it would cause way too much work!!!!  :(

HOP

i thought revo shooters liked work...that's why they play with guns that only hold 6 rds

No Tewlman, revolver shooters like to spend MORE time on the range. That's why we shoot 6, reload, shoot 6, reload, shoot 6, reload, shoot 6, reload.........on and on and on and on...... :wacko:

Just looking at my times from the last few matches, is the proof of that. I spent lots of time on the range.

I'll be shooting several bottom feeders this Saturday at a 3-gun match. Are tube fed shotguns considered bottom feeders? <_<

Sunday I will break the 625 out again to shoot the IDPA classifier at a match since I haven't done the new ESR thing yet. Maybe I'll bring a plastic bottom feeder too if they'll let us shoot two divisions.

Edited by Keith

I did a search on google for revolvers and came up with a dictionary site called wikipedia. Their overview of the revolver hit the nail on the head:

Overview

Revolver-type weapons are part of the long development of making better multishot weapons. They were partly an attempt to improve on pepper-box type weapons, which used a revolving cylinder with one set of firing mechanisms, but had multiple barrels as well. Firing through a single barrel saved the expense and weight of having the multiple barrels of the Pepper-box. Revolvers have remained popular to the present day in many areas, although they have largely been supplanted by semi-automatic magazine-fed pistols such as the Colt 1911, especially in circumstances where reload time and higher cartridge capacity is important.

HAHA, they must shoot ipsc too.

I did a search on google for revolvers and came up with a dictionary site called wikipedia. Their overview of the revolver hit the nail on the head:

Overview

Revolver-type weapons are part of the long development of making better multishot weapons. They were partly an attempt to improve on pepper-box type weapons, which used a revolving cylinder with one set of firing mechanisms, but had multiple barrels as well. Firing through a single barrel saved the expense and weight of having the multiple barrels of the Pepper-box. Revolvers have remained popular to the present day in many areas, although they have largely been supplanted by semi-automatic magazine-fed pistols such as the Colt 1911, especially in circumstances where reload time and higher cartridge capacity is important.

HAHA, they must shoot ipsc too.

Interesting observation. Care to go head to head with Jerry M. on an El Presidente with him shooting revolver and you using your (insert name of gun we are not supposed to use here without upsetting someone who posts here)? I would guess capacity and reload time would not be an issue. Now with that said, Airedale using 22 rounds in the gun at the beep lately, that is 3 reloads he saves, so maybe there is something to that definition afterall. How do you supplant a revolver anyway?

The revolver shooter follows the true path of USPSA/IPSC enlightenment. The wheelgun is, of course, true beauty-it is art.

Read all the art of the mental game books recommended here ( tennis, golf, midget wrestling) and they will flow you towards the path to peace......revolver division.

Bottomfeeding guns fill a need-much like a pipe wrench, a plumbers helper, or the manure fork I've had in the barn for 20 odd years. They have no graceful lines nor do they invoke warm feelings-they are tools.

Often, you will see or hear of a dedicated wheelgunner shooting a bottomfeeder. There are reasons-some good and some bad. Usually, a disturbance in his or her zen voodoo karma stuff has occurred-or it could be a rash.

Don't fear when a dedicated wheelgunner arrives sporting a bottomfeeder. The apocalypse is not near. They may simply want to walk among the "little people"-or it may be a rash.

:P

Dave

well written rebutal Dave, very deep feelings about the wheel gun. I personally dont share your taste for them and feel that john moses browing's contribution to the shooting world was the greatest thing that ever happened. :P

I do like the looks of the old single action army revolvers and such, but not so much that i want to run out and buy one. I am content just watching (and snickering) :ph34r:

I do like the looks of the old single action army revolvers and such, but not so much that i want to run out and buy one. :ph34r:

But you will trade-right? :D

Have I got a deal for you.

Dave

LOL, that does NOT suprise me. you like to trade so much, i'm suprised Mrs. Airedale is still around.