Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4 inch Steel Frame Walther Q4

highhope

43 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

That sounds like a success. 

As you well know, people are always chasing the latest and greatest. I'm curious if their contingency built a loyal base. I'm sure Cody has some numbers about it but it wouldn't be right for me to ask for them.

55 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

The point is just my curiosity about the effect of the presence ,or lack there of, for their contingency program on sales.

I know many people who bought various Walthers solely off hoping to recoup the purchase cost in a year of competition. With that very visible option gone are the guns still an attractive purchase?

There will be some effect on sales. Guns are still very competitive just may not be that extra option of a Contingency program to push someone over the edge to make a purchase between a  Walther and Competitor X. 

22 hours ago, rowdyb said:

personal preferences. the rare bad experience tainting an opinion. other options generally. reasons are endless as much as why someone doesn't shoot one as why one does.

That can be said about anything, doesn't mean it's correct or factual and that's why opinions vary. 

34 minutes ago, Prov1x said:

opinions vary. 

and why opinion interests me.

i'm not dogging the gun, btw. so no need to defend it.

I just know multiple shooters who made multiple thousands of dollars off the contingency program. But of the people who didn't, I'm curious if they stay or buy new guns like this one.

I've also totally derailed this thread, sorry. I'll bow out of it since it's not truly about the gun itself.

Edited by rowdyb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, BartCarter said:

OK, does anyone know the date when the 4 inch SF will be hitting the dealers?  All I can find is "about" the middle of March.

Still no word on availability.  Does anyone have info?

Shouldn't this post be in the Walther forum?