Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas chaos issues

Bwillis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this was resolved but still concerning on the cause of this at 8k rounds.

With regards to the recoil springs, Atlas does have a video on spring replacement for stroked Chaos.  I came upon this by accident and it would've been nice if this was more clearly communicated.

The recommended spring replacement as per their website is:

Save a gun. Replace the recoil spring.

Limited 9mm (Minor PF): Replace every 15k rounds*

Limited 40SW (Major PF): Replace every 10k rounds*

Open 9mm/38SC (Major PF): Replace every 8k rounds*

*OR if they loose more than .5lb of pressure, (your spring that used to be 8lb is now 7.5lb), whichever comes first!

• 3 months later...

I sent them my Chaos for annual service, and ended up getting the gun entirely refinished while it was there.  It took them about 3-4 months to do the work, and only when I called and explained I will just take my Limcat to the next match, did the gun suddenly get finished and shipped out.  With all that said, they DID fix every issue, and make the gun just like new again. 

So after all this hoorang .....the original poster was not satisfied with his initial service. He was contacted by Atlas and returned the pistol for further evaluation. At this point , blame not relative, the problem was solved and owner shooting passers. Done and done....yikes.

12 hours ago, TANFARM said:

So after all this hoorang .....the original poster was not satisfied with his initial service. He was contacted by Atlas and returned the pistol for further evaluation. At this point , blame not relative, the problem was solved and owner shooting passers. Done and done....yikes.

you leave out a couple of key details but paint the picture however you see fit.