Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap 40 Ammo

Darianis

Can anyone help me ont a bit I'm trying to track down some cheap ammo. Can't seem to find anything suitable. I can find lots of carry loads but not much that I can use for matches, or that I can afford. can 40 ammo be had for less that .20$/rd? and if so where.

For production out of my XD40 with a 5in barrel I shoot Miwall 180 TMJ factory reloads which make about 145 PF. Their stats on the web say it should make major but I've never average above 145 out of my XD.

I buy it from http://www.outdoormarksman.com , the cost per 1000 is a little less than $115.95 plus shipping. With shipping from CA to me over here in WV the total cost is around $145.00. Which for me is less than I can buy anything locally, even WWB from Wally World.

It's a little dirty but good in the accuracy department and consistent. So far it's satisfied my want for a near mouse fart 40 load for production.

Edited by j2fast

Winchester 165gr. whitebox makes major out of my 5" SV. I actually prefer the UMC 180gr at .17/bullet, it feels softer than the whitebox. I usually buy the UMCs from either Natchez or CheaperThanDirt depending on who has the better price.

Can anyone help me ont a bit I'm trying to track down some cheap ammo.  Can't seem to find anything suitable. I can find lots of carry loads but not much that I can use for matches, or that I can afford. can 40 ammo be had for less that .20$/rd? and if so where.

Sellier + Belott sells 180 gr .40 that is pretty good. You can usually find a sale price of about $170 - $180/thousand. Try Natchez shooter's supply.

Precision Delta makes a remanufactured line of ammunition. 180 gr .40 loads for $135.42 a thousand. Shipping will bring that up a little bit more but it's still going to be a good price. As with any other ammo, you will want to chrono it to make certain it makes major in your gun, but I don't think your going to have a problem.

No swap meets or guns shows out that way... Miwall is a pretty good bet cost wise... They had a special at the last gun show out here and their own brand named .40 ammo was $100 a thousand plus tax came out to like $109... You might want to call them and see if they still have some kind of special...

Does anyone know if you can ship ammunition USPS? They have that one rate box that will fit 2000 .45 bullets that you can send anywhere in the lower 48 for like $9.95...

Can anyone help me ont a bit I'm trying to track down some cheap ammo.  Can't seem to find anything suitable. I can find lots of carry loads but not much that I can use for matches, or that I can afford. can 40 ammo be had for less that .20$/rd? and if so where.

Atlanta Arms and Ammo sells 40 S&W for roughly $.15 a round. You can order it loaded for major or minor. I have been using their ammo for the past 5 months in my G35 with no problem what so ever and Danny is one of the nicest guys to talk to.

http://www.matchgrade.net/

Edited by rubberneck