Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Damn......no More Matches For A While

Jerry V

Got to have surgery on my left shoulder to repair some damage from a old injury from my whitewater kayaking days thats been bothering me for a while. Surgery is Oct.7th, which means I'll probably miss all the IPSC matches (3) here in Oct. :(

The good news is that it should give Walt S. some time to improve his game some, so he doesn't get STOMPED so bad the next time we compete :rolleyes:

Sorry Walt couldn't resist ;)

---Jerry

Edited because I wrote the wrong freaking month <_<

Edited by Jerry V

Do all your physical therapy....want to come out better than new so you can really give Walt a thrashing !!! :blink:

Walt, while he's down go see D. Carden for a weekend!!!!! :ph34r:

That should make things more interesting! ;)

HOP

Good luck with the sugery.

Thanks Hop

Firm believer in physical therapy ...... wouldn't know I broke my foot 2yrs ago -- just like new.

Good idea, Walt could use a little education from Dan.....

..... as long as Dan keeps him away from the tupperware ;)

Edited by Jerry V

Good luck Jerry (and Rob)! Just take it easy guys. It's a pain to not be able to shoot for a while. But it sure is better to let it heal once, than to shoot too early and having to go through the whole thing again!

Good luck!!!

Thanks everyone,

Well Rob, quess you & I will be sitting on the bench watching the other's play for a while huh. Hope it goes well for you ;)

Dave, thought about the strong hand drill......just haven't fiqured out the one hand reload yet :unsure: any suggestions?

But I can at least do Steel matches if I can get someone to load for me between strings........Walt, hey bud what do you think ?

Thanks again ---- Keep the wheels turning :D

----Jerry

Thanks for the words fellas.

Do wheelgunners heal faster?

Thanks everyone,

Well Rob, quess you & I will be sitting on the bench watching the other's play for a while huh.  Hope it goes well for you ;)

Dave, thought about the strong hand drill......just haven't fiqured out the one hand reload yet :unsure: any suggestions?

But I can at least do Steel matches if I can get someone to load for me between strings........Walt, hey bud what do you think ?

Thanks again ---- Keep the wheels turning :D

----Jerry

Jerry, I WILL take advantage of your outage. I plan on shooting twice a week until you get better. If I can't beat you by then well have to find some other reason for you to be out. JUST KIDDING, HOPE THE SURGERY GOES WELL. Your friend Walt

Clicked on here 'cuz I had arthroscopic stuff done to my shoulder a few years back, thought I could offer you some encouragement

If you are having the same patch-job I had, you'll be up and about at no time, they melted everything back together with a laser and sewed me back up. Felt 1000 times better even just after the dope wore off, PT was rough until the shoulder loosens, then I was at 95% within 1 1/2 months, after 18 months of Worker's Comp. jerking me around. I had mine done at NE Baptist in Boston, by one of the docs that pioneered the laser procedure (can't remember the name of the procedure).

One of the few things good about the People's Republik of Mass...great medical care.

Stick through the PT, and all will be well, no issues at all with it now.

Best of Luck.

Will since this got bumped up, guess I should give a update.

Surgery went well, doctor removed a large bone spur off the end of my clavicle (collarbone), had to make a 1 1/2" incision. Already out of the sling most of the time, slowly starting be able to move it with out any pain. I start PT Tuesday.

Thanks to some taunting from D Carden, been dry-firing the 610 couple times a day and after seeing Walts match results yesterday, it's probably a good thing. He really made some improvement, I may actually have some competition when I come back...cool B)

---Jerry

Thanks Hop

Firm believer in physical therapy ...... wouldn't know I broke my foot 2yrs ago -- just like new.

Good idea, Walt could use a little education from Dan.....

..... as long as Dan keeps him away from the tupperware ;)

Hey Jerry,

I agree, do the physical therapy and rehab religiously. I had shoulder surgery about 1 1/2 years ago for my acromium bone that had grown and was pinching my rotator cuff and in processing of cutting it and my bicep had been ripped out of my shoulder completely. It hurt like hell, but had the surgery and followed the surgeon's order to the letter.

The surgeon does shoulders and elbows for several major league baseball teams so I know he's good. But, one of the guys here at work didn't hardly do physical therapy and rehab and his range of motion/flexibility and use is not that good at all. Actually, I wasn't quite finished with rehab when I had more flexibility/strength and range of motion that he had and his surgery was YEARS before mine. My shoulder is better than ever.

Good luck,