Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Combo springs on opengun

shooterbenedetto

I'm running 8lbs cut 2coil variable recoil with 17lbs main spring on 2lbs trigger. Curios what others are running? Anyone on 10+ recoil and 19lbs mainspring? What is the difference.

I have a full slide 5in 3 hole lightning on front with scallop rear with racker cut. 115g hs6 load 8.4g at 1.145 aol

Edited by shooterbenedetto
Spelling correction

In my main 2011 I'm running 7 pound recoil spring and 19 pound mainspring.  Went to 19 pounds when I was having some light strike issues.  Solved the issues but never went back to the 17 pound mainspring. 

My old backup uses 7 pound recoil spring and 17 pound mainspring.  

Can't tell any difference between the two when shooting.

The difference between a 17 and 19 lb. mainspring is not noticeable on trigger pull, but is in slide recoil.

Difference between an 8 and 10 lb. recoil spring depends on slide weight.  With an 11 oz. slide, 9 or 10 feels best to me.  With a 10 you risk short stroking.  With a 10.5 oz. slide and 168PF ammo I prefer an 8 lb. spring.  With minor I use a 7 lb. spring.  My SDs are good (4.9) so I don't have to go hotter.  If I went up to 172PF I think the 9 would feel better.  It has in the past.

Another variable is how your firing pin stop is cut.   I cut mine with a radius right up to the FP hole.  BTW, I don't care for the feel of the variable rate springs, so I use standard.