Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Star

Stationary or spinning -- shoot the top plate. Then shoot whichever plate is rising towards you, rinse and repeat for plate #3. That should leave you with two plates oscillating gently on the bottom.

If the top plate gets away from you, shoot the next plate to be on top --- don't lock onto the top plate as it spins, and potentially shoot it at 6 o'clock, that's a recipe for disaster.....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Forum Steve. Nice video.

Thank you, it's nice to be here.

I like the video and also the one about 500 slide drops on the MT trigger job.

I liked the weight and coat hanger idea, never seen that before.

Good vids!

• 1 month later...
Steve - Great video who does your makeup? lol

My wife, she has the experience... :D

I have been shooting it top to bottom with what might be referred to as the zigzag method but after your video and explanation I'm going to try it your way next time. It goes against my policy of shooting stuff coming up to the gun, as a rule I try to shoot when target is coming down to the gun like swingers and such, I like to see it coming. :surprise:

I readily admit I hadn't considered the impact of the target dropping towards teh sights vs. coming up. I need to go shoot it a bunch of times each way and them offer an opinion of what worked better for me.

Well, my very own Texas Star was delivered to the house today. I can't wait to get it painted and bolted together. I will shoot it every possible way it can be shot and I will let you know which is fastest, lol. I'm already devising ways to make it tougher, like shoot a star plate, then turn and shoot a rack plate, then back to a star, then back to the plate rack and so on and so on. Man am I going to go through some ammo now!

Thanks Mike and Kevin at MGM targets!

"Run down one side" is my preferred method as well. .... :o

Like this:

or this:

More like video 1 since I've never encountered one already moving.

I hit the top, then the top right, then let the rest of the plates come up on the right side.

That's the way I do it as well, top, top right and then let them come to me. I've seen many people that have trouble tend to shoot the plates when they're at the bottom, which only accentuates the spin since all the weight is now at the top, lol.