Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dissident Arms KR-9 Elite

I know it just went live on their site, but I was wondering if anyone has had hands on experience with Dissident's new PCC at any matches with Lan. 

Also curious what everyone thinks about  PCCs in the AK platform. I have a GMR-15 and am seriously considering picking one of these up. 

http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/kr-9-elite-dissident-arms/

4 hours ago, assaultthesalt said:

I have shot this gun at a match with Lan.......for a AK platform PCC....it is sweet.It shoots VERY nice.Trigger is awesome aswell.Only downside I see, are the mags are proprietary. 

Do you remember if it felt heavy when compared to other PCCs?

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Then yes. It’s 20% overweight. 😂

I really don't mind the weight of my GMR. I'm certainly not Leograndis fast, but I don't feel like it's holding me back. 

1 hour ago, assaultthesalt said:

It felt about the same as a JP..... heavier than my MBX Pro Series though. :) 

Thanks for the comparison. I was specifically wondering how it might compare to my JP. 

21 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

I cannot see it being better then a JP... Is anyone else building PCC off of an AK platform?  That gun looks cool, but I don't personally care how cool it is...its just a hammer haha.  If someone on here grabs one post a video if you can of it running.

There are a handful of AK platforms in 9mm. As far as tuning one up specifically for competition Dissident is the only crew I'm aware of. 

3 minutes ago, assaultthesalt said:

Lan and Mike have AK tuning down to a science.Their guns run....and run well.

Completely agree. I have one of their KL-12 Veprs and it runs like a champ. It might be my favorite gun to shoot. 

wow.... My guess is they will sell zero of these....3000.00 before you put an optic on it and there another 350$ worth of upgrades you could do........ no way........I could buy two JP's for the price of one of these and its not an american gun... gonna be a hard pass on this.

3 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

wow.... My guess is they will sell zero of these....3000.00 before you put an optic on it and there another 350$ worth of upgrades you could do........ no way........I could buy two JP's for the price of one of these and its not an american gun... gonna be a hard pass on this.

Totally agree that you can find cheaper options. Eveyone has their preferences and individual price points though. My GMR has almost every bell and whistle JP offers and it came out to $2,880 and then I added the same stock Dissident uses here to bring it to $3,105. 

Do you need something that expensive...of course not. You can beat me all day long with a cheaper pieced together PCC without breaking a sweat. I just really like tricked out guns from high end builders that know what they're doing. 

Also, the KR-9 is an American manufactured rifle by Kalashnikov USA in Pompano Beach, FL.

Edited by Adamj

I spoke without fact.  American made it is.  I cant argue with you about tricked out cool guns.  Its one of my weaknesses to I just get to 3000.00 differently haha.  ya know spend the 1700 and then add 1300 in upgrades to it my self.  I still want to see one of this in person and maybe a video or two of them running... yeah I'm off to youtube to search for a video haha

22 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

I spoke without fact.  American made it is.  I cant argue with you about tricked out cool guns.  Its one of my weaknesses to I just get to 3000.00 differently haha.  ya know spend the 1700 and then add 1300 in upgrades to it my self.  I still want to see one of this in person and maybe a video or two of them running... yeah I'm off to youtube to search for a video haha

Definitely shoot one if you get a chance. I shot Lan's and was impressed.AK platform is not my cup of tea.....but the rifle ran super smooth.Lan's trigger was so good that it almost was like shooting a full auto. :)

4 hours ago, assaultthesalt said:

Definitely shoot one if you get a chance. I shot Lan's and was impressed.AK platform is not my cup of tea.....but the rifle ran super smooth.Lan's trigger was so good that it almost was like shooting a full auto. :)

I would love to shoot one.  Hopefully someone in the OKC area ends up with one soon... If the trigger is that good well then ya never know, how did it drive? recoil feel ok? what kind of loads were you shooting?

• 4 weeks later...