Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frequency of Classification Update?

RickT

Looks like once per months which is certainly reasonable.  We shoot two 4-stage matches/week and I'm not seeing anything past labor day.  Scores are in PS and seems unlikely that 2 clubs wouldn't have paid their match fees.

My club shoots a 6 stage every Monday and a 8 stage on the third Saturday of the month. Scores are always updated on every Wednesday at 8:00 AM EST. Is your club getting their scores in promptly? Ours are posted on PS by the time I make the one-hour drive home. Are you linked into USPSA? Don't know much about that, but we have no problem with PS scores or SCSA Wednesday morning updates.

USPSA updates classifications and membership expiry/renewals every week, Tuesday night/Wednesday morning with results that have been uploaded with activity fees paid. It is the club's responsibility to upload results and pay fees within 30 days of match completion.

Looks like once per months which is certainly reasonable.  We shoot two 4-stage matches/week and I'm not seeing anything past labor day.  Scores are in PS and seems unlikely that 2 clubs wouldn't have paid their match fees.

Every Wednesday at 8 EST. Go to results page. There is a column showing the date the activity fee was paid or Not Paid if the club hasn’t paid yet.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:51 AM, RickT said:

Other people have already mentioned that the classification update happens weekly, on Wednesdays, for clubs that have paid their match fees.

My addition is to note this:  Scores being in PS is meaningless from a classification perspective.  SCSA doesn't pull from PS.  For it to be counted, match scores need to be uploaded to the SCSA website (you can get the file from PS, true), and then the match fee paid.  Until those two things happen, it doesn't count for a classification.

And until the scores get uploaded to SCSA, they don't even know the match happened.  (Uploading to PS is handy, but doesn't mean it has been reported to SCSA.)

Hey GOF - I was wondering where you shoot the 3rd Sat match and the Monday 6 stages matches (also the times if possible)  thanks.  I live in SW Florida and shoot the local and close Steel challenge matches in our area.  Home range in Hansen in Punta Gorda.  Thanks for any help