Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about Bolo disconnector pin.

WARDOG

I have to fit a Bolo interruptor/disconnector on a tanfoglio stock2, with unica hammer, extreme sear and sear housing, the bolo pin is smaller diameter wise than the stock one so it's held loosely in the hammer, I've seen the Bolo instruction where they tells it's designed so it floats inside, there's a reason for that? Customer says it seems weird and want to drill the bolo for the stock pin, any info appreciated, thanks.

The pin is designed to float to account for manufacturing tolerances and iirc, allows the disconnector to control the reset and pre-travel without having to do fitting as you would like a CGW T3 disconnector. Yes it looks weird. No, it does not fall out under extended use, or bind against the frame, or anything else mechanically significant that would affect the firearm. 

Dang, I fitted three bolos on three tanfos. One with the trigger bar notched and two with the extreme trigger bar. The first functioned flawlessy. The other two after tested in dry fire brilliantly, today at the range began to skip double action..what can I do? File the interrupter more? Thanks for any info.

2 hours ago, WARDOG said:

Thanks for any info.

Did you search this site for bolo tuning and installing ideas? Did you contact Patriot Defense with your issues?

From PD

We’ve delayed the release of this part in order to work through countless possible and potential issues over numerous beta versions. We recommend you please contact us first or see a qualified gunsmith for assistance before modifying the interrupter or your firearm. Important Warning: Modification to your firearm will void manufacturers warranty. This product must be installed by a qualified gunsmith. No liability is expressed or implied for damage or injury which may result from improper installation or use of this product.

Installation Directions-

Check single action function, first. SA should drop and reset with the slide on. If SA does not break or reset, remove material from angle 1, following the natural curve of the interrupter. This also applies if SA breaks, but does not reset.
Check double action function. If DA does not break remove material from angle 2. CAUTION: This is an extremely sensitive part of the process; if you do not feel comfortable attempting this, please have a qualified gunsmith fit this part or send your firearm to Patriot Defense for proper fitting.”

https://patriotdefense.com/patriot-defense-bolo-interrupter-pin/

Leave the small
Pin in as mentioned above, it won’t have a chance to bind up at all that way. Use a dab of grease when installing or taking the gun apart too, that little bugger can be hard to find on the floor. Ask me how I know lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave the small
Pin in as mentioned above, it won’t have a chance to bind up at all that way. Use a dab of grease when installing or taking the gun apart too, that little bugger can be hard to find on the floor. Ask me how I know lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk