Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hk Type Ar In .223

ShooterSteve

Hey Fayetteville Fat Kid, I'm not arguing with you but the match winner was in my squad, and I saw him with the Hk several times, but he may have just been showing it to someone. There were several guys in my squad that had them. It really don't matter, if the match winner was shooting a slingshot I still couldn't have touched him!!

I think that the points raised about match sponsors are very valid, and I may have to check into something from JP. I was starting to check with my accountant and financial advisor about one for my.. son, yes, that's it, I need a new rifle for my son. Wish me luck. I may need to sell an STI open gun or do some trading or something.

He may have been out alternating between the two, depending on the stage :angry: Nah, just kidding, he's a good dude wouldn't besmirch his character, even joking...I know on my stage he was running a 18 or 20 " JP and his buddy was running a 10" 416 when I ran them...Don't know...Which shooter were you? Try to put faces with names but I was very tired...

Hey FFK, I'm kinda big, 6'3" 245, had on a yellow hat with Rudy shooter glasses. Shot a 20" Hbar with a CQT, 1100 CM and a Glock. I placed 22nd overall, and felt I had a fairly solid match except for the APC stage. Took 14th in 2 stages which helped out, but like I said, when you start shooting the white targets, your score will nosedive like a runaway freight train. I shoulda shot differently out of the APC turret, but hindsight is 20/20.

Hey a quick question, look at the top two shooters on the shoothouse stage. When you have a blind stage and there is no walk thru, is it a suprise that the top two shooters are the guys that set it up!! SANDBAGGERS!! It's ok, those guys put on a fun match, and besides they are getting old and need a few points. Ha Ha.. good match LW and RP. :P

Let's go to Benning and see how bad we get our butts kicked by the big boys!!

If we are talking about Petra Tutschke, I saw her at our US Nationals as well; I believe she shot Limited. I also have 2 friends who are sponsored in the US by HK-USA; shooting HK handguns. No beef w/ HK's handgun program.

However, HK's rifle program could do a lot better in the public relations department by explaining why they would first show the HK-416 system (AR-15 upper) at the SHOT show; then restrict it to LE-only viewing the following year, and then try to buy back the few AR-15 uppers that made it into civilian hands. Why the anti-civilian stance by HK rifle department? I'd like to hear it from HK. It reminds me of Colt's policy whereby they have decided to follow the now-expired Assault Weapon Ban as company policy with regard to their semi-auto AR-15s (as far as us civilians are concerned). I would not have such a problem with the assault weapon ban/mag limit company policies if they did not have such a dire effect on one sport in particular: USPSA.

My next AR will probably come from either DPMS or JP. Any other companies that folks would like to recommend?

Steve, I was an RO on the APC stage both days(I was late on the first day). For the life of me though I can't believe we let somebody shoot that was just wearing a hat and sunglasses and carrying a rifle... :unsure: It would seem one of us would have arrested you.

Glad you enjoyed the match, not a lot of PD's that will let people run around on their range with guns and other ninja gear...

IMHO, if you want a 416, about the only thing you are getting is a cleaner bolt and the H&K name (which I wouldn't give any money for!). I took part in the testing of these rifles before the contracts to purchase went through. They are a great rifle that will run like nothing you have ever seen! Then again, if you opened the gas port all the way on any AR and put the heaviest buffer spring made in the tube, you could replicate the 416's realiability! :unsure: The rifle runs like a diesel and jumps in your hands like a crack head getting hit with a caddle prod! :D All H&K did was let every bit of gas the 5.56 cartridge makes through the gas port.....which actuates the op-rod system. Then they put a very heavy buffer spring in the rifle. Recoil is relatively violent (note: relatively) for a 5.56. (I mentioned this opinion to the H&K reps and they got fairly offended...apparently, constructive critism isn't German nature)!

Overall, I think the rifle will work well, but I don't think we had enough problems with our current rifles (in varying configurations) to convert to a highly priced, violent, and heavier (when compared to a comparable Colt) rifle, just because it doesn't get as dirty.

BTW, I can confirm the 1 moa accuracy at 200yds. I can't remember the brand scope, but it was 10x. They tested it against their prototype 14" 416 which could only manage 2.5+ moa :wacko: with the same scope and ammo (on the same day with the same shooter)!

Just thought I would throw my perspective into the mix.

Edwin

Edited by Unleashed