Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock 2 / Indexing

allamericanbp

Weird question but I want to try to get some help resolving this issue ASAP.

I recently switched over to run Production this coming year. Going from a 2011 setup to a Tanfoglio Stock 2. I have been dry firing and working with it for about a month. Haven't had much time for live fire until today. I immediately noticed that my shots at 15 yards at speed seem to ride the A/C section to the right when pushing hard with a timer. I cleared out and went to some dry fire and notice that the gun is aimed to the right when I draw out every time. The gun seems to feel a little smaller in my hands so I am wondering if maybe a larger set of grips may help it. I guess my options are: 1. Adjust sights. 2. Relearn the new index. 3. Try some different size grips.

It just seems that no matter how fast or slow I push, my grip consistency on the gun orients the gun in the same direction. Anybody have any thoughts or advice? I am sure this is going to be a battle considering I have thousands of draws with my previous platform but any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Rob.

My index with Tanfo and 2011 is the same.

The only time is becomes an issue is when i practice with Glock or a Revolver.

What type of grip panels are you using on your Tanfo? OEM? Palm Swell? EGD? Patriot? 

What are you doing with your weak hand thumb? Are you pushing ? or just resting? I find some shooters rely on a pedal that they may have on limited guns. 

Compare closely the way you grip with your strong hand as well.  

1 hour ago, Yagi said:

My index with Tanfo and 2011 is the same.

The only time is becomes an issue is when i practice with Glock or a Revolver.

What type of grip panels are you using on your Tanfo? OEM? Palm Swell? EGD? Patriot? 

What are you doing with your weak hand thumb? Are you pushing ? or just resting? I find some shooters rely on a pedal that they may have on limited guns. 

Compare closely the way you grip with your strong hand as well.  

They appear to be EGD, black and look really thin to me. I may be overthinking it a bunch but I just noticed that it was very consistent to the right hand side of the "A" & "C" zone. I didn't notice anything off with my grip, support hand, strong hand, etc. I was pushing speed and would notice the front sight over to the right when I would verify on the gun. I shoot target focus most of the time but it was bugging me because the group was to the right on both targets. I will try working on my index in dry fire to see if that helps. Not sure what the heck else to do at this point.

This wasn’t a problem for the past month in dryfire, or you just didn’t see the sights were right of center? EGD grips are very thin and have no texture to them, if that matters to you. Lok Thin Bogies grips are my preference and are thicker than EGD. Henning full checkered grips are good too.
I struggle at times with pushing shots left when I grip too hard with strong hand or not hard enough with support hand. The opposite doesn’t seem like a common problem that I’ve heard of though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, DKnoch said:

This wasn’t a problem for the past month in dryfire, or you just didn’t see the sights were right of center? EGD grips are very thin and have no texture to them, if that matters to you. Lok Thin Bogies grips are my preference and are thicker than EGD. Henning full checkered grips are good too.
I struggle at times with pushing shots left when I grip too hard with strong hand or not hard enough with support hand. The opposite doesn’t seem like a common problem that I’ve heard of though

I really didn't notice it when I would reference the sight. I shoot target focus up to about 20-25 yards so I just index the gun and reference the sight if need be. It really stuck out to me in live fire verification but I may just be overthinking it. I can tell when I establish my grip, the gun feels thin in my hands compared to my 2011 and my thumb is able to ride the safety lever pretty well. I will just try to figure it out and then try some LOK grips if the problem persists. They appear to add a little "girth" to the grip so well see what happens.

I don't appear to be overgripping with my support hand so I am eliminating that problem. Who knows. There is never an end to this nonsense.

I’d just play around with different grip pressures and see what you can figure out. I have to remind myself to quit being lazy and grip the damn thing otherwise I pull shots left [emoji2359]. As soon as I get it right it’s dead on.