Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"A" classifier status code appeal

Rvajma

So I got an "A" code on my last classifier 18-09 I Miss that kind of clarity.  I am a relatively new to USPSA and have had a couple of dumpster fires on Classifiers thus far.  I shoot carry optics and these are all my classifiers thus far:

4/29 - 18.0887 - Y

5/18 - 41.9207- Y

6/23 - 26.0432 - Y

7/6 - 60.5104 - Y

8/4- 31.6836 - Y

8/7 - 67.4831 - A

I submitted the form to get the "A" reversed. How long does it take for review, and how do they let you know the result of my appeal? Do they look at how I placed at the match(1st in CO) or what criteria do they look at?  How successful are appeals?

Thanks

A — A score that is more than 20% above the member’s current classification bracket.

It will be interesting to see what they say. Since your bracket ends at 40%, anything above 60% should be an "A". Let us know what happens. I have never done one of these personally as a too high score hasn't been a problem 🙂 

2 hours ago, Rvajma said:

So I got an "A" code on my last classifier 18-09 I Miss that kind of clarity.  I am a relatively new to USPSA and have had a couple of dumpster fires on Classifiers thus far.  I shoot carry optics and these are all my classifiers thus far:

4/29 - 18.0887 - Y

5/18 - 41.9207- Y

6/23 - 26.0432 - Y

7/6 - 60.5104 - Y

8/4- 31.6836 - Y

8/7 - 67.4831 - A

I submitted the form to get the "A" reversed. How long does it take for review, and how do they let you know the result of my appeal? Do they look at how I placed at the match(1st in CO) or what criteria do they look at?  How successful are appeals?

Thanks

I submitted mine 2 weeks ago, never heard anything. I sent a follow up email 1 week ago and boom, just got the email last night. They switched from A to "Y". Ended up not making any difference, but paid the way for my next classifier. People have been saying I sand bag, but really, it takes a long time to upgrade, lemme tell yah.

Good luck sir!

It took almost 4 weeks for them to change mine. I called and send multiple emails, but they finally got around to changing it.  Unfortunately you have to stay on top and bagger them to get it done.  

I've had this happen twice, first one was significantly higher than my other classifiers and the second it was a few percent higher but just high enough to be flagged. The first one they removed the flag the next Wednesday. On the second one I had to email them after about three weeks and they finally put it through, but it was during the election so i'm guessing they were busy.