Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was telling one of my employees about a technique I saw on Ron Avery's videos and he said, "I know Ron Avery, I see him on ESPN all the time when they show shooting matches."

Does anyone  know when these shows are on, or which matches will be shown?

I searched the espn site and got precisely bupkus.

Thanks,

Steve

ESPN2 is going to have a shooting show, I read about it in front sight somewhere, I think its supposed to start in a few months.  Maybe the guy was talking about American Shooter I know thats on the Outdoor Living chanel now.

I get this response a lot when I talk to non-shooters and I think it is like an urban legend. Sounds so good and real. Or maybe they saw coverage 6 years ago. In the Steel Challenge heyday(1995?)You would see it, the Nationals, the Masters!! and other matches on ESPN/TV. What happened is ESPN got real big and face it there are more golfers, skateboarders, and basketball fans then there are shooting fans. There is only 24 hours in the day and thats about 25 or so televised events. They added ESPN II but its kind of like a supply and demand issue. American Shooter/OLN needs our support or it will go away also. Follow the money.

(Edited by BSeevers at 7:41 am on May 16, 2002)

ESPN has had in the PAST!!! Chevy Team Challenge and a fair amount of hunting and clay target shooting. But it all seemed to go tits up about a year ago. Next to nothing since. I emailed them and they said that the cost of properly videoing a full match was the problem.

I heard through a Tom Grisham article in a US gun mag that the last Chevy Team Challenge cost ove $40,000 to video, edit etc.

So it appears to be the $ factor again.

ESPN2 was at the 3 Gun nationals taping and interviewing members of the super squad.  They said that ESPN2 was going to have a new shooting show with about 18 episodes airing in the fall.

at least in the USA it is possible to get some shows about the shooting sports, up here in Kanada, TNN, OLN, and ESPN  are censored when there are any shows involving firearms,  except of course CSI and COPS that show you just how violent the gun-crazy Americans are...