Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Sights?

rtr

What sights should I put on my limited gun, I want regular black, no FO, I'm a little worried about bomars because they can fall apart, but having them adjustable allows me to work with different loads. So what should I buy and from where?

i have had two bomars--there are great, no problerms.  do not confuse the STI bomar clone which is a terrible sight.  i buy from brownells almost exclusively great service.

I have used the "terrible" stock STI adjustable sight on my Edge for several years and many thousands of rounds now, with no problems. It gives a good, clean sight picture, and for me, seems well made and reliable. What makes it a "terrible" sight?

Larry

I have used the "terrible" stock STI adjustable sight on my Edge for several years and many thousands of rounds now, with no problems.  It gives a good, clean sight picture, and for me, seems well made and reliable.  What makes it a "terrible" sight?

Larry

Much higher rate of pin breakage on the STI sights...

I have Bomars, Springfield Armory's brand (?), smith & wessons, The only one I had a problem with was the Bomar. A pin broke, but I fixed that in a minute. To me they are all pretty sturdy.........Just ordred some Dawson's for my XD 9 and can't wait to try it out.