Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-gun Match Info

The Army Marksmanship Unit,

It takes work and patience to host a match. You and yours did an incredible job with the match and the problems. I was extremely impressed with the way the match and problems were handled!

It takes guts to implement a new system at a match. In the future, I am sure we will continue to see major matches using pda's in scoring. I hope this does not discourage you from making this match an annual tradition. I am looking forward to shooting again next year, just let me know when to send the check.

Happy Holidays and stay safe,

Kevin Cates

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised at the amount of organization that went into this event. Everything was hassle free including the registration, getting on base, and the squad schedule. It was very obvious that there was a lot of work put into this match.

The stages were absolutely outstanding. Challenging and fun with some very cool stage props. Sgt. Hampton, all of the AMU folks, and the range staff did a terrific job running this match. A big thanks goes out to all you guys.

I’ll be signing up again as soon as the 2006 dates are announced.

Guys relax this is Big Hamp your talking about. One of America's finest. I dont think he knows the word quit. You dont put on a match of this quality with that kind of attitude. If your taking bets, my money's on Hamp. (Any takers?) My dad always said "only bet on a sure thing". I know the Armed Forces expect nothing but the best from their men and women and thats what we got. THE BEST. I've shot more major matches this year than I've shot the entire time I've been doing this, and this has tobe one of the top three matches I've ever shot.

I'm sure most of you have heard me bitch about Multi Gun vs 3 Gun. You wont hear me bitch about this one. If all of the Mutli Guns are set up like this one, you wont hear anymore about it from me. The stages where set up so you didn't have to carry so much gear and they moved along pretty good. Myself and a few other shooters were concerned about this match being a Marathon event, being at Ft, Benning. It worked out great. They were smart to drop one stage so we could finsh the match before dark. Here's a little thought. Maybe Hamp will think about having the next one a little earlier in the year, so we can have more daylight and stages. Too cool.

Hamp

Please make sure you give your superior officers and the whole staff my very best thanks, because it took all of you working together to make and allow this to happen for us. All of you made some great memories for us. We will never forget it. Next time let us help too and maybe things will be a little easier on everybody. Like the Armed Forces, we are all in this together.

BTW, I realy enjoyed seeing all of the shooters I've shot with before, meeting new shooters and BE'ers (BS'ers). I dont remember a shooter making such an impression as (RAMBROW) Hey Quicksdraw, sometimes known as Stewart Lewis. I still dont know what class he is, but he's a GM in my book. The pleasure was all mine RAMBROW. B) See ya at The Fl. Open.

Ronnie

well lets see...

I was sick all weekend (i think it was something I ate at Logan's Friday night), i was plagued with gun troubles, i shot like shit, and met pouring rains on the way home.

WHERE do i sign up for next year?

It really was an awesome match. I enjoyed the props we never see at other matches (Auto AK, AT4, etc). It was great to meet some of the bnoes people i have talked with a lot and never met, looks like I didn't see them all though.

A HUGE THANKS to all the AMU staff that put this together especially BIGHAMP who had a lot on his shoulders this weekend. Not sure if he will ever be the same!

another thanks to all who supported the match, rippers and so forth. they really made setups between shooters easy.

Thank You BigHamp, Officers, Staff and Privates for all the hard work to make this match happen. Outstanding and a Very Well Done!

Thank you Max and Travis for the 4 hour pistol class.

I'm not sure but this may have been the very first USPSA style 3-gun held on a military base where civilians were invited to participate. I am grateful for the opportunity.

Sign me up for next year.

SFC Hampton, all of the Army Marksman Unit and the rest of his support staff.

Thank you for a world class match! I can't wait till the next one. The stages were well thought out. The range and the staff were first class. This was by far one of the best and the most enjoyable matches which I have ever shot! You and your men are to be commended for a job well done!

SFC Hampton please add my name to the list of those who wish to shoot again next year! I can't wait till we do it again!

Regards,

Mark Capparelli

From my end, this started out as a comedy of errors. Got away from work later than planned, flight got delayed and caused me to miss registration friday night, car rental lady gave me a hard time, I got to Ft. Benning Saturday morning and then got lost for an hour and was late to the match; making Hamp's already complex morning even worse. Got to my squad and promptly botched the first stage with three procedurals. So basically every aspect of this that would have been made better by more advanced planning on my part went terribly.

Now, on to what matters; SFC Hampton and his crew did not miss a step in getting me on to a squad and on to the line as quickly as possible, despite my tardiness. The stages were all well laid out and well executed, the ROs and range staff were extremely helpful and courteous, and all problems were dealt with in the best manner possible. I was extremely impressed by every aspect of this match and would also like to be added to the already growing list for next year's event.

Thanks again to all of you who serve and especially all who made this match happen.

Good times,

Blake

Hi Folks,

I arrived on the range on Wed afternoon to assist in any way possible.

What I found was inspirational to say the least, all that was needed was the usual tweek here and there. Hamp and Crew were squared away that was quite obvious.

I want to congratulate the ENTIRE Army Marksmanship Unit, they took a hill side and in 3 months turned it into a WORLD CLASS 3-gun match!!! Good Job guys. :D

Credit goes where credit is due:

SFC Aaron Hampton did a bang up job of organizing a Nationals type class match for the first try. He did not do it alone, he had great help from many different places but he was the man on the tip of the spear. Fine Job Hamp !!! :)

SGDM was the CRO for stage 11.......you know the one with the full auto AK 47 :D:D:D

He has recently had shoulder sugery and not only ran his stage for 2 days but also was part of the "set up" since Wednesday as I was. He managed to do all this and put up with my snoring for 3 nights with only Advil to help him make it.

So maybe it needs to be "Tough Guy" instead of SGDM!!! :rolleyes:

Good job Greg !!!!

I met many fine folks on that weekend, some I have known a while and some I had never met before, it was my pleasure and hope to see you all again soon.

It was an honor to be a Range Officer at this fine match, and an honor to work with the fine guys/gals in the AMU.

Hamp, again GREAT MATCH!!!! :):):D:D

Sam Keen, Humble RO stage 12