Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What color lens to make red fiber optic, pop ??

ysrracer

• 4 weeks later...

I've only had them for a few weeks, but so far i'm a big fan of the Hunters HD Gold.  As a bonus it's kinda cool not to have to keep changing lenses based on lighting conditions / environment. Not the most stylish glasses out there, but the performance is the best I've tried for my eyes.  

On 10/17/2019 at 2:45 PM, B21 said:

I've only had them for a few weeks, but so far i'm a big fan of the Hunters HD Gold.  As a bonus it's kinda cool not to have to keep changing lenses based on lighting conditions / environment. Not the most stylish glasses out there, but the performance is the best I've tried for my eyes.  

I just received my Hunters HD Gold yesterday, and I am very impressed. I will shoot my first match with them today, so I will have more feedback after the match. Doing some dry fire last night, I noticed that the dot was really easy to pick up with them. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i might be wrong on this, but I think there are two factors at work.  The amount of tint (or light reduction) and the color.  My understanding is that you see the color of a tint because if blocks that color light from the spectrum so it would make sence that a green fiber will appear "brightest" with red lenses as green and green are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  People that say yellow lenses make a fiber pop are also using lenses that usually have the least amount of light reduction.  Yellow also seems to increase the contrast which is something I dont understand but shooters have been using yellow for this reason for years.  I think it may have something to do with the apparent brightness of yellow casuing your pupils to constrict which generally causes your vision to sharpen.  But to answer the OP question, opposite end of the spectrum should make fiber appear brighter.